1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Dysphagia

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Targ, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Targ

Targ Newcomer

Hello all, I am having severe problems with tightness in my throat when I try to swallow. I know I have TMS issues (they run in the family), and I have issues with heart palpitations and back pain that come and go. A doctor ruled out anything serious. The swallowing problem is getting worse. I just started college and am stressed with the work load. It doesn't happen every time I eat. But it's making it hard to get enough calories in. Any thoughts? Is this a common TMS issue? Thanks.

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

It called Plum pit qi and it's one of the oldest TMS symptoms in the medical records. I get it from time to time..always when I am under stress. It can be quite scary when it catches you off guard (like when you gag) BUT, like TMS it really isn't anything worthy of your attnetion other than acknowledging 'yes, I am under a lot of stress'

It always goes away

TG957 likes this.
  3. samuelp180

samuelp180 Peer Supporter

extremely common i see it all the time. Do the work and you will get better. Wish you luck.