1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Dysautonomia = TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by LadyLazarus, Nov 18, 2015.

1. LadyLazarus

LadyLazarus Newcomer

Hi everyone, I'm new to TMS readings and the SEP. Like many I have exhausted all medical and alternative treatment options. My symptoms are constant abdominal pressure and digestive issues, acne, light headedness, and a few others.

I met someone online with similar symptoms, and she was diagnosed with dysautonomia. According to Wikipedia: "Dysautonomia (or autonomic dysfunction, autonomic neuropathy) is an umbrella term for various conditions in which the autonomic nervous system (ANS) does not work correctly. Dysautonomia is a type of neuropathy affecting the nerves that carry information from the brain and spinal cord to the heart, bladder, intestines, sweat glands, pupils, and blood vessels. Dysautonomia may be experienced in a number of ways, depending on the organ system involved, for example difficulty adapting to changes in posture, or digestive symptoms.

Sympathetic nervous system-predominant dysautonomia is common in fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, irritable bowel syndrome, and interstitial cystitis, raising the possibility that such dysautonomia could be their common clustering underlying pathogenesis."

There is no specific cause known to medicine, and no cure.

Does this sound like TMS? Is this dysfunction of the ANS exactly what Dr Sarno and others describe? It sounds like it to me, but I've never been great at biology so perhaps I'm misunderstanding!

2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi LadyLazarus,

Welcome back.

SteveO makes reference to dysautonomia in TGPD.

He mentions this in a paragraph related to CFS and Fibromyalgia. Today, neurasthama is called Dysautonomia - "autonomic disregulation", in the autonomic nervous system, which is TMS.

Providing you've seen a Dr and they've ruled out any serious underlying conditions, I would proceed with the TMS approach.

Best of luck

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  3. WildforWesties

WildforWesties Newcomer

Hi Lady Lazarus, did you work with the TMS approach and if so what were the results? I have a friend with dysautonomia and would like to recommend TMS work to her if it works for this condition. Thanks!