1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 15 During the past two weeks has your pain been moving around?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Miss_Daisy, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Miss_Daisy

Miss_Daisy New Member

During the past two weeks has your pain been moving around? How has this affected your belief in the diagnosis?

During the past two weeks I feel much worse physically, I am more tense and I have more pain in my left part of the abdomen, and having hard time to go to toilet and release the gases. I have this problems for years, but they have never been so severe.
    I would say, the pain is still here on the same part of the body, but the pain got intense.
    This has lead me to think about all my written diagnoses like PN, IBS and Nutcracker syndrome. I might have endometriosis as well. I am so scared that this program won't help me, its making me somehow more sick.

Can anybody relate? I am not sure what is happening.

2. Samanthaw5

Samanthaw5 New Member

Daisy, my pain and symptoms move daily. They include: Back pain, neck pain, foot pain, ankle pain, thigh pain, tight hamstrings, rectal spasms (horrifically painful and diagnosed as possible endometriosis - gynecologists recommend surgery to diagnose or rule out), mild panic attacks, vertigo, dizziness, shoulder pain, TMJ, IBS, tinnitus, and now sometimes nausea. The list goes on and on. I have had surgeries on both my hips and back so I am struggling with this potential diagnosis seeing as I have definitely had structural issues; however, I can tell you that my symptoms have increased since I found TMS a few months ago. I now have additional ones, including trapezius pain that I had for a few months in 2016 - I have not had it since then, but all of the sudden it's back ?? The good news, or so they say, is that the more we have, the more indication it's TMS. It honestly just doesn't make sense that our bodies would have so many issues at once, you know? (Yet here I am, still struggling to accept it.) I hope you get feeling better!

3. Miss_Daisy

Miss_Daisy New Member

Hi Samantha,

thank you so much for your really kind post, it gives me hope it would get better.
    Please tell me, did you finished SEP and maybe Pain recovery program?
    Did you read some books about TMS? I did read 2 book of Sarno and I plan to read Steve Ozanich's book.