1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Dry eye = TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Snickers278, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Snickers278

Snickers278 New Member

Hi! I had eye issues a while ago with blepharitis (waking up with excess crust on my eyes) and that has gone away by accepting TMS. Right now I have symptoms of dry eye especially when I wear contacts. I don't think it's real because for the longest time, my right eye would be dry and then my left eye would be dry. It's making my eyes kind of red looking, and I'm upset because it's not going away. It's been happening for a couple months, and out of fear, I've been wearing glasses more often. I think it's still here because I keep focusing on it and worrying about it. When I get focused on something else though, it always goes away. I'm really upset. Please help? How can I stop this? When I wear contacts, it hurts.

2. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Hi Snickers. One of the biggest challenges with TMS is to NOT focus on the pain. As your noticed the pain lessens when your focus on something else, because your sub-conscious isn't getting the attention it's seeking. I eventually learned to challenge my subC to "Do your worst!" so that I could break the hold that the fear of pain had on me.
    Have you worked through the SEP (structured education program?) That will introduce you to many different techniques for handling pain, and to many different TMS authors as well.
    Blessings on your journey.

3. Faings63

Faings63 Newcomer

Hey Snickers. Even I had experienced similar issues while wearing contacts. After that, I had undergone a LASIK eye surgery in Washington to avoid the use of contact lens. Insufficient oil production could be the reason for dry eye. A friend of mine had undergone a dry eye treatment from a clinic nearby and she says the treatment was very effective. If you are very much concerned about it, you can give it a try.