1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Drugs

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by DaveBrad, Jul 29, 2017.

1. DaveBrad

DaveBrad New Member

Hi, I'm trying to recover from 3 years of chronic back pain, I know is toms, however, I'm not sure what to do about medications.

Cocodamol
    Lyrica (pregablin)
    Anti depressants

In reliant at the moment, but can anyone suggest which ones might be unhelpful to my recovery

2. Lily Rose

Lily Rose Beloved Grand Eagle

I cannot say what 'to do', but I can say what not to do. Never stop meds suddenly.

When I first came here years ago, I was on a very strong dosage of Gabapentin and Vicodin and one very strong vodka/kalhua/milk drink at night. After a while, I stopped the alcohol completely. About 8 months or so later I weaned from the Vicodin over a few weeks until that was done. I stayed with Gabapentin for quite a while, but s l o w l y took it down, then paused for awhile, then did it again. Since it was such a high dosage, this process took some time. When I fully stopped, even after weaning so carefully, it was a month of severe withdrawals and near-violent restless leg (which I had never had before). When that finally passed .... I was 'drug' free.

Being patient is very important.

And ... welcome to the Forum ^_^ You'll find many very knowledgeable and kind people here.

.... always with Love and Gratitude ^_^

Ellen likes this.