Walt,
That's great! I love to write. I just checked out your website.
You're quite the prolific writer.
You've nearly got my dream career. lol I'd love to do fiction and a little spiritual writing on the side.
I love writing YA fiction (in particular, urban fantasy), and I like writing adult fiction with good twists. I like using science to make the fantastical stuff in urban fantasy stories believable, too.
I finished the first book of a fiction trilogy not long ago, and got around halfway through the second one, but I keep wanting to go back and make changes to the first one.
It'll help a ton when I get my system for laying out a book developed. I just get so many ideas while I'm writing that it's hard to stick with my original plot. lol Complicates things.
Getting an agent is really hard to do. But I keep feeling I need to get my emotional issues sorted out before I really pursue my writing career.
I do plan to write some non-fiction books pertaining to spirituality, eventually. I just don't have a reputation or any notoriety, though, so I'm not sure how I'd get an audience.
But it's fun to put some spiritual aspects into my secular fiction stories. I like to reshape how people see the world, whether they're spiritual or not.
I know what you mean about getting overwhelmed with writing tasks. I'm very careful not to take on hardly any editing anymore. That really drags me down for some reason, even though I'm told I'm very good at it.
My main job is vehicle delivery. I have a very small business (just me).
I do hotshots. Hook my car to the back of the truck I'm delivering, drive the truck out to the company, drop it off and drive my car back home. Sometimes I take the train (I love trains), and sometimes I fly or bus.
My deliveries are usually in the state of Texas nowadays, but every once in a while, I go out of state. I like the out-of-state trips. I used to do a lot of those.
My clients aren't needing to use me much the past few months. Oh well... It's good, because it gives me time to work on this emotional pattern of feeling worthless when I'm not working.
I live in the Dallas area. Dr. Sklar's practice isn't far away over in Fort Worth, actually.
Where are you located?