1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 15 Dreaming about TMS "rehab" and moving pain!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Actualisation, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Actualisation

Actualisation New Member

I had a strange pain in my right knee which then disappeared and went to my left knee soon afterwards. This was pretty mind blowing for me because if my pain was caused by physiological causes my pain wouldn’t just disappear in one area and then appear in another area! It was very surreal – I almost feel like my body has been trying to distract me and accidently made an error (or perhaps I wouldn’t have noticed this in the past?) and my body was like damn and annoyed that it made a mistake.

The other night, I had a dream that I was at a rehab centre for TMS and it was extremely busy. I went through a “four step” process and the final step was talking to a therapist and all I remember is crying along with the phrase “It’s all my fault that I have pain” and felt like this was a massive breakthrough in my dream. I’m not sure what this could mean (if anything) but it was a very interesting experience!

I appreciate any comments and shared experiences related to this!

Thank you very much,
    -Actual

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Actual. Your body did not make a mistake in moving the pain from the right knee to the left. Pain moving around is a common symptom in TMS healing. It means your subconscious believes you believe in TMS and are discovering the emotions you are repressing.

I am no expert on dreams but think the one you had is expected because you have been doing a lot of thinking about TMS.

As for "It's all my fault that I have pain." it is partly true because you have been repressing some emotion, probably anger. Is journaling helping you in the SEP to discover your repressed emotions? I think it is common for us to blame ourselves for our pain, but we shouldn't. Don't even blame your subconscious for giving you the pain. I look at my subconscious as my friend, having given me pain so I learned about TMS and my repressed emotions, mainly anger after my parents divorced when I was seven. Journaling led me to understanding them better and that led to forgiving them. That ended my severe back pain.

Try not to think about TMS in the evening and especially for an hour or two before bedtime. Try to enjoy yourself in the evening. It helps to get a peaceful night's sleep without bad dreams.