1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Dreaming = a good sign?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by AC45, Mar 1, 2017.

1. AC45

AC45 Well known member

Hello Fellow TMSers,

I've been working on my TMS over the last 11 months. The methods I have learned from Sarno's books (and others) have been very effective. When I started working on my TMS, I dreamt less (or at least I remembered my dreams less). Now I feel like I dream A LOT. While I am 85% better, I tend to wake up to wacky dreams. I don't know what they mean but it is helpful to soothe my inner child. It reduces fear. With mindfulness, I am trying to look at the experience without judgement and feel the feelings as much as I can.

Here is my question - I seem to dream more frequently that before. (Or at least I remember them more). Is this a sign that my subconscious thoughts are getting closer to the surface (or at least that they are trying to come out a little)? I've skimmed dream interpretation books and I find them overwhelming and inconsistent. So, the actual meaning is still hard for me. However, I wonder if the increased frequency is a good sign?

Thanks for your insight,
    AC45

2. Denise84

Denise84 New Member

I am by far no expert, I just started my TMS journey. But, right when I started this journey, I noticed right away that my dreams became much more vivid and many of them centered around some of the past events or current emotional stress I've had. So, I would think it could easily be your unconscious coming closer to awareness.

AC45 likes this.
  3. AC45

AC45 Well known member

Thanks for sharing your experience @Denise84 !

4. Denise84

Denise84 New Member

5. Fernando

Fernando Peer Supporter

I´m not an expert either but a few years ago I used to have the same dream. I always found myself screaming to people (usually very close relatives and friends) about something I didn´t like of them, my scream went higher and higher because I could notice they weren´t listening to me:(. I interpreted this because of my repressed emotions since I feel my emotions VERY strongly but I´m unable to express them