1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Dr. Schubiner's upcoming talk at Commonwealth Club of California

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by TG957, Jun 27, 2020.

1. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

All, I am very excited to announce that on July 7, at 9:30 am PST, Dr. Schubiner will be giving a talk at the Commonwealth Club of California.

CWC is a social club in California which hosts celebrity politicians, scientists, artists, athletes. Among most recent guests are former and present Cabinet Secretaries Mattis, Gates and Pompeo, journalists Chris Wallace, David Frum and Masha Gessen, athlete Stephen Curry and many other interesting speakers.

And now Commonwealth Club will be hosting our very own Dr. Schubiner!

To register for the event, please, sign up here. Donations are very welcome.

https://www.commonwealthclub.org/events/2020-07-07/healthy-society-series-unlearn-your-pain-freeing-your-body-chronic-pain (Tue, Jul 7 / 9:30 AM A Healthy Society Series: Unlearn Your Pain. Freeing Your Body From Chronic Pain.)

HattieNC, plum and miffybunny like this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you for posting this!!!
    Andy

TG957 likes this.
  3. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

This is fantastic and I wanted to bump it up, thank you!!

TG957 likes this.
  4. TG957

All, I just want to remind you that Dr. Schubiner's talk is tomorrow at 9:30 am West Coast time, which is 12:30 pm East Coast time. He will be taking questions from the audience, too!

miffybunny likes this.
  5. braveheart

braveheart Peer Supporter

Anyone know if this will be recorded and available anywhere? Unfortunately I won't be available at the time of the talk

6. TG957

It is live on YouTube right now

plum, braveheart and miffybunny like this.
  7. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

This was fantastic! So happy it will be posted on the website! Dr. Schubiner is the tops!

TG957 likes this.
  8. TG957

Yes, he is! I am very humbled by the attention he has given to my case, it was very generous, while completely unsolicited and unprompted.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    plum and miffybunny like this.
  9. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Fantastic talk!! I'm so thankful for Tamara making this available to us. Yesterday I listened to a talk by Lorimer Mosley, and together with Dr Schubiner, I feel like so much I have learned has come full circle and makes what is happening with my brain, stress, worries and pain make more sense. It is much clearer now.

Thanks, Lizzy

TG957 likes this.
  10. TG957

You are very welcome! I can totally relate to what you are saying. For some reason, reading books did not work for me as well as watching the talks and listening to the audios. I played Dr. Sarno's video and Dr. Weekes' audio dozens of times before my reptilian brain finally started accepting the facts. Dr. Schubiner and Lorimer Mosley both are so awesome because they break the TMS concepts down to the simplest, finniest stories and make everything crystal clear even to non-believers!

Lizzy likes this.
  11. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

And as I read your post Lizzy, I feel you might be more confident, relaxed, supported in your TMS work. I think this goes deep!

For me, it is nice to have a sense of "normalization" about my experience. That what I am experiencing is natural and workable.

12. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Andy,
    Thanks! Yes, I am more relaxed and confident going forward. Dr. Stracks has coined the term Covid flare for what is happening with myself and others during this stressful time in history. I'm finding it hard to make progress. I'm reading Nicole Sachs book and attempting journalspeak, but also working on letting the brain know "we" are safe in the here and now. I definitely notice that I feel a bit better emotionally about the pain since learning more about it. Less fear should mean more brain space for thinking psychological during the day.

Tamara, your story is very important because your hands had swelling. I see questions here about swelling pretty often and it seems to be a roadblock for a lot of people. Hopefully more members can get reassurance that swelling doesn't have to mean one can't get well! Great thanks for this thread!

Lizzy