1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Dr. Schubiner consult

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Bhamgirl, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Bhamgirl

Bhamgirl Peer Supporter

Hi All,

I was hoping to learn whether anyone on the forum has had a personal consult with Dr. Schubiner. After attempting to battle my pain on my own, I think a large hurdle I face is not being rubber-stamped with a TMS diagnosis by a TMS physician. I'm currently working through Dr. Schubiner's program, and I logically thought he may be the best physician to see. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

2. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

If he s close by sure....but if you been cleared medically ...no need you have TMS...but if you feel your sub C needs that stamp please it wont hurt.

3. she333

she333 Peer Supporter

Not in person, but I did get to have a brief phone conversation with him. He was very cool, compassionate, and down-to-earth. I wish I could have had an in-person appointment for that confirmation you are seeking. If you can swing it, do it

Bhamgirl likes this.
  4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I know that Forum member North Star saw Dr. Schubiner for a consult and was very pleased with it. She posted about it, but when I tried to find the post, I couldn't locate it.

Bhamgirl likes this.
  5. Bhamgirl

Bhamgirl Peer Supporter

Thank you all for your responses. I think I am going to figure out a way to make it happen...can't hurt, right? :)

6. mncjl123

mncjl123 Peer Supporter

If you can afford it. Go for it!

7. Joey2276

Joey2276 Peer Supporter

I went a year ago for same reason as you; totally worth it and I had to fly from CA. His rates are excellent, he is an excellent communicator, very kind and empathetic, and spent about 3 hours with me the first day and about an hour the second.

Bhamgirl likes this.
  8. Bhamgirl

Bhamgirl Peer Supporter

If you don't mind me asking, did you get what you were looking for during your consultation? Was he able to give you that TMS stamp of approval, and if so, how (if at all) did it affect your recovery? I will be flying from Florida to meet with him, so I am eager to get as much info as I can to determine whether it will be worth the expense. From posts like yours, I feel like it will be worth every penny!

9. Joey2276

Joey2276 Peer Supporter

I PM'd Bhamgirl about my visit as it was a bit personal. If anyone wants to know about my experience personal message me and I will reply.