1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

DR. SARNO ON HOLIDAY STRESS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), Dec 22, 2014.

1. sewmuch

sewmuch Member

I enjoyed reading all the comments! Humor, support, and acceptance came through! This time of year is tough, I have posted about it before, and also tough for those of us who are affected by the darkness and cloudy cold days. (Me). In recent years I have set some limits, picking one or two things that are important, and slowed down to enjoy the time with loved ones and reflect on what it means to me and what is important in the Big Scheme of things. And doing something, it can be one thing anonymously and/or for charity. So rewarding. I try to keep active ( for those who know my posts it is yoga and swimming) and get outside when it is sunny. And enjoying those sweet moments of sunset, lights, and bells.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

onavanf, "Back to the Future" were great movies. I too am not always living in the present.
    Especially if something pleasant is expected in the near future... like a check in the mail
    or the new Winegard High Definition flatewave indoor television antenna which will arrive any day now.

Friends who have it say the tv reception from local channels is so sharp it's like Blu-Ray and they've cancelled
    their cable tv provider, saving about $50 a month. The antenna costs half that on amazon.com and is
    just a small flat panel you hang near the tv, on a wall or in a window. I only take satellite tv to get the local channels,
    so if they come in clear, I'll be a "cable cutter" too. Now what will I do with the $50 a month I save?

So, at age 94.5 I try not to rush through the days, I can hardly wait for the antenna to arrive.

In that case, I agree with you to write a book about THE POWER OF NOT NOW.

nowtimecoach and donavanf like this.
  3. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Seems like the Holidays are full of nostalgia and regret over the way things used to be, or, the way they were supposed to be and weren't. Those disharmonious disconnects, it seems to me, are a prime breeding ground for the kind of psychic tensions that often result in pain symptoms. Emotions and memory! Where in the heck is Marcel Proust when you really need him?

4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I noticed it but thought "so what?" I knew the intention.
    Part of letting go of perfection....

nowtimecoach likes this.
  5. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Sorry I missed out on the bells!!

In the past few days I've had a horrible bout with TMS. I believe it's TMS because--you guessed it!--I returned to work today. The pain is in my upper back, and any position or movement is agony! I had been doing some Airrosti work on muscles in my ribs and back, but this intense pain is quite different. So I've been talking sternly to my sub C every time I pass a mirror. No relief yet, but it WILL be mine!!

The holidays weren't as stressful as I thought they'd be. My daughter, who is a grad student, joined us for a week, and I'm happy she wanted to be with us. Things were pretty low key. But in addition to going back to work today (kids return on Wed.), my husband and daughter will be leaving on Wed for a week's trip to see family in Minnesota.

Time to journal a bit. Thanks to everyone who contributes to TMS wiki, and to Forest for all of his hard work in maintaining it. Blessings!

AC45 likes this.
  6. Bodhigirl

Bodhigirl Well known member

Holiday stress? I was done with it this year! I felt depressed and angry instead of feeling physical pain. I was delighting in my recovery, felt twinges of pain and told them I was glad to be real so didn't need pain and they would recede.
    Then, after a happy day full of love and kindness and engagement, I just got too cold. That's all. Tense from cold, trying to walk the dogs in the rain (which they hate but needed a walk!) and bam. Aura. Migraine. For New Years.
    Took a hot shower, told the aura it could stop now, before it was done. I understand that I was tense and don't like to be cold but a migraine, really?
    Haven't even told my husband. Why make him concerned? There is nothing to do. I seldom need anything but ibuprofen, so it's not a big deal, I'm just disappointed to have it... now...
    It will pass, we will get Chinese food and swing dance in the living room and he will have a glass of champagne (I'm sober many years...) and we will be asleep by 11pm.
    You know, I think my unconscious really wants me to die before trump takes office. That may sound odd to some of you but I have felt so traumatized by the election...that when I read a piece yesterday about how women with migraines accompanied by auras are far more likely to die from stroke or heart attack, a part of me thought, "good, so I won't have to watch this cluster of crap unfold."
    I really do not want to die over politics! I grew up around D.C. and I know my unconscious is riddled with it...
    I think there is more work to be done on unpacking my tension around this.
    If you are new here, it's this writing thing that gets many of us to some truth about what triggers tension. We don't need to know in order to recover but, for me, it is often helpful to fully let go by knowing what I am letting go OF. It's just me. Not everyone here works it that way. Schubiner's triggerwork helped me immensely in my recovery... so there you have it!
    Best wishes for a new year full of acceptance and wisdom, courage and humor!
    Bg

nowtimecoach and BruceMC like this.