1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Dr OZ show

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Richsimm22, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Richsimm22

Richsimm22 Well known member

Prime example of instilling fear and mythology on how fragile the human spine is. Watching them stack of blocks falling over i mean come on for goodness sake.

I hate this show. It gives me repressed emotions. I can feel a back spasm coming on from just watching it

North Star likes this.
  2. Richsimm22

This video from Dr Hanscom on the OZ Show is a different story although I cant understand why Dr Sarno was never mentioned. Not even once. I seen this video and dismissed it about a month before I discovered Dr sarno and tms. It was only recently I thought about the video and realised it was about tms so I watched it again.

Here it is

North Star likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I watch Dr. Oz occasionally and most of the time I think he's just another television salesman.
    He's a Show Biz doctor, making a fortune with a tv show watched mostly by bored women who
    watch tv all day and have time to go to shows like his.

Very rarely do I learn anything from Oz, and he was doing a typically bad job of being a "tv reporter"
    by not attributing the Mindbody healing to Dr. Sarno. People like Oz and Hanscom don't want to admit they lift
    most of their stuff from others.

I gave up on chiropractors years ago. I think TMS is much better.

4. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

This segment by Hanscom was so disappointing. The message finally got to the top for a moment, and he made no sense talking about sensitized nerves and memory. Of course nerves get sensitized... but what's the mechanism of pain?

After each Oz show they do an overall synopsis. When they did this show they skipped Hanscom's segment. It sounded so whacky that they didn't bother with it.

Walt's correct again, they won't admit that they lifted their work from Dr. Sarno. He should have been mentioned right up front.

Walt I bought yours and Herbie's book yesterday. I'm excited to read it. Congratulations to both of you. It's tough to do. Now prepare for criticisms from those who don't know how to do it!

Steve

5. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Richsimm22, the OZ Show and "The Doctors" do a brilliant job of feeding TMS. Fear, fear, fear!!! I remember in nursing school we students were always mysteriously afflicted with whatever topic we were studying.

These shows just allow that opportunity for the general public to become hypochondriacs. And yes, what you said, Walt. I know some people who pick up every little fear-driven suggestion to prevent something horrible. And yes, I have some plastic drinking cups in my home. And I use a microwave. (GASP!) ;)

6. Richsimm22

Your right it was too wacky Steve. Like I said earlier. First time I seen this myself I knew nothing about tms and I dismissed it myself immediately. It doesn't make sense and it doesn't help when he gets introduced as a REBEL doctor. I hope John Sarno didn't see it.

Walt - yeah I laughed when you said its watched by bored women who watch TV all day. Probably one of the reasons women get fibromyalgia more than men being fed this bulls@#t allday. I Hope no bored junk daytime tv watching women read our comments otherwise we will be getting journalled about and it wont be pleasant.:eek:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  7. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

I think Dr. Sarno did see it. He got bombarded with emails telling him Hanscom would be on that day, hopefully he was on vacation at the time. It must be frustrating to watch your work going the wrong way. However, there is good news coming about Dr. Sarno's work in other forms that will keep it alive. I can't say what yet, but it looks good.

8. Richsimm22

Steve you have to tell us now. If you don't tell us about this good news and get it out of your system it will only lead to repressed emotions and tms and we wouldn't want that :p

North Star likes this.
  9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Good news from you, Steve. Richsimm's reply was delightful. Facetious.

North Star and Richsimm22 like this.
  10. North Star

I admire a man who can spell "facetious". I'd ask you to marry me, Walt, but my husband might object. LOL

11. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks Steve. I will always be thankful for your advice and role in leading the way for all of us that want to make a difference in the field of TMS. Yes the guys above should have mentioned Sarno for sure. I believe we mention him like a patriarch through out our book and you too pal, you too.

12. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

North Star I agree that every show I have ever watched by Oz has been about some new diet pill or new fad that everyone is going crazy over. Some of the things I have seen has taught me a few things though. Like peanut butter and some tabs I bought from wal-mart. Now I think it was supposed to rise my testosterone levels so when I worked out I'd get a better pump and guess what, I did.

On the other hand I do agree with all of you all how hanscom didn't mention the good Doctor. Wow, what a bummer.

I'm glad I know the truth. And to think about it for a moment. Everyday their are new ideas and products that Oz shows the world to be the next big thing as mentioned above.

Now here at tmswiki and in our books we do have a lot of information but once you get it and the understanding. It all goes together, it all makes perfect sense. And that perfect sense is opening your eyes to the way to healing your life.

Some think theirs contradictions like don't focus on the pain and focusing. If I can explain that here. We dont focus on the body cause that's thinking physical and we cant break the conditioning we have been memed by our whole lives doing that. But Eugene Gendlins focusing is not being judgmental of the pain and not criticizing or beating up on yourself cause of the pain. Its not running from the pain either but to just notice it's their without judgement. It's about not fearing the pain to so it goes right with not focusing on the body in a fearful way like we do when we Google search but to think of the pain with no fear.

Bless you

North Star likes this.
  13. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

North Star, even if your husband didn't object to us marrying, I think Annie would be jealous.
    She knows I'm a one female man.

I can spell some dollar words but usually have to use the spellchecker.
    I wish they had that when I was writing term papers in college.
    They didn't even have Xerox back then and I had to write my notes longhand
    at the library if I couldn't take the book to the dorm.

But those really were a lot of good old days.

North Star likes this.
  14. North Star

On some days, hubby wouldn't probably be happy to ship me off but now Annie, well, we mustn't upset Annie! lol

You're just too much fun, Walt. BTW, I am enjoying hearing your history in the book. Loved the story of doing restitution and the arm wrestling victory.

15. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Glad you're enjoying Herbie's and my personal stories about ourselves.
    We tried to lighten things up with some humorous stuff.