1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Dr Marc Sopher

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Who has read is book ...To be or not to be in pain. And what did you think about it.

Markus likes this.
  2. Markus

Markus Guest

I have it, and I've only read parts of it. Which I guess in essence that's kind of a non answer to your question. But I do have it, and he has emailed me 3 times. He's offered me his help for $300, and then unlimited access to him well I assume not night when he's in bed but you know lol!. He's very adamant about the TMS process, & I think if I remember correctly he likes to rule out other diseases but he is not always a big fan of MRIs! It's one of the books I have on my "read through again list" I have mild concentration issues so,I usually have to go back and re-read.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2015
    Forest likes this.
  3. Boston Redsox

I also emailed him a few times and he respond with same info but insisted this work can be done alone.,.I am going to continue on my own and if I really need him I will fill out he questionnaire

Forest likes this.
  4. Markus

Markus Guest

That's exactly how it was with our conversation. Said the work could be done alone. He sent me a questioner but advised I only fill it out if I use him! He has a non mind-body illness which forced him out of practice. But he can Skype and email and, phone but, the latter is not part of his process usually.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2015
    Forest likes this.
  5. Markus

Markus Guest

I think with many of these books have really terrific nuggets of truth that are sometimes very valuable and we miss them or, we need to read it again.

Forest likes this.
  6. Boston Redsox

Same deal I am going to wait and see

7. Mala

Mala Well known member

I have read it. If you have read Healing Back Pain then I don't think u really need to read his book. He pretty much repeats a lot of what Sarno says but in is own style & with a bit of humour.

He is a very nice guy. I used to email him & he was very prompt in replying. I even suggested I would go see him but he told me to just continue reading & 'doing the work'.

I would recommend SteveO's book The Great Pain Deception' if u haven't read it already. I am reading Joe Dispenza's 'You are the Placebo' at the moment & would highly recommend that too.

Mala

Forest likes this.
  8. Boston Redsox

Thx Mala

I Read Steve O book and I find this book the best tms book out there.

I will check out the book you are reading on Amazon thx for info

Marco

9. Mala

Mala Well known member

Marco, here's a link to an interview with him about the book.

M

10. Boston Redsox

Thx u I will watch it after work