1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Dr Marc. Sopher

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Markus, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Markus

Markus Guest

I don't know if this where to put this but, I'm wondering if Dr. Marc Sopher is still practising? I've tried to call his current number without success. I emailed him and hopefully that will merit a response!

Mark

2. Markus

Markus Guest

I just received an answer, he's moved out of the area but they couldn't tell me where. Now I have to find the TMS practice in N.J. or NYC!

3. dusty67

dusty67 Peer Supporter

Hi Markus, Dr Sopher has closed his practice but you should be able to get ahold of him via email. I did.

Markus likes this.
  4. Markus

Markus Guest

Thanks Dusty, apparently he's semi-retired but is still fully engaged in TMS work! Thanks Dusty67!

Mark

dusty67 likes this.
  5. Markus

Markus Guest

I've emailed him but haven't received a reply. It's frustrating!
    M

6. dusty67

dusty67 Peer Supporter

This is the email I found online for him....not sure if its the one you are using?

mdsophermd@comcast.net

1 person likes this.
  7. Markus

Markus Guest

Yes, it is.....he could be on vacation etc.
    He puts his email address out there it should be monitored. I'll go see the guy in Jersey, if I don't hear from him in a few days!

8. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

That's Dr. Sopher's email address. He will consult with you and answer some basic questions by email. But if you need an exam you'll have to see Dr. Gwozdz in that area of the country.

9. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

Just pay for a skype consult with Dr. Sopher. I'm not sure you need an exam if you've had a good workup. The exam only serves the TMSer. Dr. Sarno often did the exams for the benefit of the sufferer, to make them happy. If you have been cleared for good health, and potential danger, why get a TMS exam? I'm not sure of the purpose other than for confidence. I never had one, and most of the people who have healed never had one.

Marc Sopher is a great doctor, but an even better person, just like Dr. Gwozdz. Great men, trying to spread the word of TMS against the backlash of ignorance. like Dr. Sarno they're also brave people. Kudos to the docs with the courage and morals and to do the right things.

dusty67, Markus and Cap'n Spanky like this.
  10. dusty67

dusty67 Peer Supporter

I was going to pay (a different Dr) to have a Skype diagnosis done as there is no one in Western Canada that I could find. They said if I send over my MRI & Xrays that I could be diagnosed over Skype (for a fee obviously) I thought this would help solidify the diagnosis in my mind but maybe I don't really need that. My GP has told me I don't need surgery and my condition has become chronic. I think I should just keep working with the SEP program as I am seeing some results. Sorry Mark for taking over your thread!!! Ha! Hope you are able to find a TMS doctor in your area.

11. Markus

Markus Guest

I don't feel as though you "took over" my thread. I have never had CT ' S xrays, etc at least in recent years. I'll do the program without any Dr. I'm not Driving or flying to ny, or nj.

Mark.

dusty67 likes this.