1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Dr Joe Dispenza Mediations

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Has anybody done his meditation to you are the placebo book that he wrote

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  2. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Yup, did it or rather should I say did both of them, the long one and the brief one - dealing with two problems and dealing with one. They're on the two CDs that you can order with Dr Joe's book. I noticed that they were quite profound when I first did them just after reading his book, when I was full of his method and examples of healing he cites. They're not so powerful for me now though. They sound like a pep talk about how you should change your mind and in the process change your physical self. I bet that Dr Joe's meditations work best in the context of taking one of his seminars.

Forest likes this.
  3. Boston Redsox

I find it kind of mambo jambo I like the works of Tara Brach check her out. Thx for answering

BruceMC likes this.
  4. BruceMC

One of the mental characteristics of the placebo is a very strong positive feeling akin to belief. It may be that if you read his books and have personal contact with Dr Joe at his seminars, you can indeed activate the placebo healing response. There is a strong dose of "mambo jambo", as you put it, in all of this I suppose. But I guess it works for some of his patients.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  5. Boston Redsox

I agree Bruce I found is book very informative and I do believe in is methods.. But that mediation is a bunch of mambo Jambo I also feel to charge $5 was in bad taste it should be a free download when you buy the book.

But hey its capitalism in action.

God Bless

BruceMC likes this.
  6. BruceMC

Agreed.

7. Stella

Stella Well known member

I saw Joe present in Denver in March. He was awesome. He certainly understand the power of the mind creating pain in the body. He understands the role of guilt and anger.

I have a friend who has read a number of Sarno books. None have taken hold. She then read Joe's book. She had grabbed hold of this one. We will see if something finally connects.

Ellen and Forest like this.
  8. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks, everyone. I'm going to look into Dr. Dispenza's meditations and if I learn anything I think is helpful, will post about it later.

So far, I find it best to try to spend 5 minutes in deep breathing while closing my eyes and meditating. It's simple and it works.

Now why the ^%$GTU* does my computer want to print in italics?

BruceMC likes this.
  9. BruceMC

I think all such meditations and breathing exercises work because they elicit in the meditator what Dr Robert Benson calls 'the Relaxation Response'. Well, anything that reduces the psychic 'tension' driving TMS seems mission critical to recovering from TMS-induced symptoms like back, neck, knee and hip aches and pains, tingling and tightness. It's very much like taking heat, oxygen and/or fuel away from a fire to help extinguish it. I actually found Dr Joe's meditations quite relaxing. His exercises for imagining physical space in your body and placing it in the larger space of the cosmos seemed like very useful techniques for breaking obsessive trains of thought that perpetuate sadness, fear and anxiety too. But I don't know whether they actually change the way your genes express themselves in your physical body. The statistics and graphs in his book suggest that that's what happens though. Seems the science-based jury is still out on that one.

Kathleen likes this.
  10. Boston Redsox

I agree Bruce, also its seem he pushes his seminar a little to much in the book…..and also he's not a Dr?. , well I mean not a MD the jury is still out with me..But he does make some great points.

11. BruceMC

I do think that Dr Joe makes a really important point when he talks about moving from Newtonian physics as a basis for medical diagnosis and advancing to a new kind of medical analysis based on quantum mechanics. A new way of thinking beyond the structural diagnosis is going to take a new kind of mathematical model I think based on systems analysis and perhaps Black Box/White Box theory. Trouble for us TMS people is that the medical establishment hasn't caught up with physics yet. We're all experiencing a kind of jet lag until medicine has the tools to figure things out. Nice thing about Dr Joe's book is that he demonstrates a clear connection between emotions and the operation of the brain during symptom reduction and possible cure. Dr Joe is pointing the finger in the right direction at least.

12. thecomputer

thecomputer Well known member

13. BruceMC

I have of course. Dr Joe is a quack pure and simple. I thought his analysis sounded good, except he offers no real cure beyond repeating over and over again, "Merge with the quantum". Nothing happens with his meditation tapes except getting a dreamy, spacey feeling. I recollect that that group of his up in Washington is so full of bull they make P.T. Barnum seem like weak sauce by comparison.