1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Doubts

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by gray118, Mar 31, 2021.

1. gray118

gray118 New Member

How do you all "trust the process" of freeing yourself from TMS? I have doubts that this diagnosis and approach won't work but I know I can't have those doubts if I want to start feeling better. I think the best mantra I can think off right now is that my thoughts and doubts are not me. Do you all have any suggestions and advice on what to do when you are feeling doubtful of your diagnosis or treatment?

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Keep reading the text(s)...over and over. What makes more sense? the BS you got from your 'regular' medical world or Dr. Sarno's work? which one better accounts for the peculiarities of your experience? How effective have the doctors been in helping you ?

You will know the truth and the truth will set you free.

Ellen likes this.
  3. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Doubts are part of the journey, each one of us went through the doubts. As long as you view your doubts as contemplation, not as a misstep or retreat, you are taking a path of acceptance. Acceptance means peace with yourself. Peace with yourself means healing.

Ellen likes this.
  4. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

Always trust your instincts. It will always save us.

5. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I treat those doubts as negative messages coming from my primitive brain. Similar to your thought that this isn't the real you, right? So I talk back to it and say "Hey, brain - this (symptom) is not necessary! There's nothing wrong with me, (as proved by x,y,z...) so you can go away, thanks very much." I also engage in some deep breathing and some positive thoughts to counteract the negative ones - a good one is to remind myself that I'm perfectly safe, there is nothing actually threatening me, and I don't need false symptoms to keep me alert and worried.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    TG957 likes this.