1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 6 doubts

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by CrystalE, Jan 23, 2017.

1. CrystalE

CrystalE Newcomer

So I do believe that I have TMS or that it at least seems like I could for sure.
    - Part of todays structured course said to make a post if I felt like I was having doubts.

I guess my biggest fear is if I'm hurting myself more.
    - Though there is nothing structurally wrong (Just a herniated disc) I'm not sure why I feel this way. And I'm not sure how to get over it.
    Also I keep thinking what if I'm wrong and I don't have TMS but then why have I been getting along since I started with no medication at all? I guess at the moment I mostly feel confused.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi CrystalE,

It seems that if this:

then you are getting some wonderful confirmation, and support to doubt less. It is confusing in the beginning, but it seems you're getting confused in a good way!

Doubts are common. Each person keeps inquiring into their doubts in their own way, and the reasons to doubt fall away by connecting your history of symptoms to Dr. Sarno's work, and your experience of symptoms changing.

Andy B