1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Doubts creeping up

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Ludmilla, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Ludmilla

Ludmilla Peer Supporter

Hi everyone,

While I've posted on these forums to ask for help regarding TMS symptoms I've been struggling with (namely vuvlvodynia and IBS), I've considered myself healed from so-called fibromyalgia/chronic tendonitis/whatever. These were textbook-TMS so I had absolutely no doubt about it and got rid of my dental gutters, orthopedic insoles, etc. I started running, climbing, hiking, etc., and while I still have some pain here and there, it disappears quickly and isn't correlated with physical activity.

Thing is, I recently started having some doubts about the fact that these problems are 100% TMS and not at least in part mechanical. I guess I feel frustrated that they don't disappear entirely (I started TMS-healing 1,5 year ago). I also noticed that the right part of my body seems to concentrate a lot of my problems : when I get sciatica/tendonitis stuff, this is the leg that takes it. I'm doing hormonal yoga therapy for my PCOS issues, and when I meditate on my ovaries, I can feel the left one perfectly good but not the right one. I can get muscle spasms in my right calf quite easily during the night or if I swim. When I do yoga or climbing, I feel pain and constriction in my upper right thigh, which I do not feel in the left one. I'm also a little bit asymetrical waist-wise (but it's not that visible) and tend to crouch systematically towars the left when I'm sitting for a long time.

The TMS-believer in me knows that this is just because for my body, I happen to store tension in my right side. But the TMS-doubter is currently remembering that I was diagnosed with one leg shorter than the other and malocclusion (got operated on 10 years ago to fix prognathia), and I was exposed to a lot of osteopaths, dentists and acupuncturists who were persuaded that all my issues stemmed from this asymetria. I guess I'm just looking for some encouragements in letting go completely of this way of thinking, especially since I still harbor a lot of mental tension.

Aimee88 likes this.
  2. Aimee88

Aimee88 Well known member

Hi Ludmilla
    Yes, I will encourage you to let go completely of this way of thinking and take steps towards releasing your mental tension! The symptoms will come and go and morph and change and continue to respond to our stress, worry, and personality traits like perfectionism and legalism. Think psychological. Do you journal? Do you do things that you completely enjoy? Like you said, you have done this, you have seen symptoms change and heal. We know that our bodies reflect our minds. We know that repressed and suppressed emotions are at the root of pain. We know that we are not that fragile. Could you stop the hormonal yoga therapy? And just do yoga? And just meditate?

3. Ludmilla

Ludmilla Peer Supporter

Hi Aimee,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I've come a long way in terms of enjoying myself but this was an intense month (new job, ending of 5 months spent with my SO to go back to live by myself, lots of appointments, etc.). I'll keep doing hormonal yoga therapy as it is really effective on PCOS, plus it helps me relax a lot.

I may need to start journaling, tried it before but never got the hang of it.