1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Doubting and feelings alone and hopeless

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Lattelyric, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Lattelyric

Lattelyric New Member

I feel like I am doing such a bad job at not repressing my feelings. It’s like I can feel myself doing it afterwards. And that makes me feel so hopeless.

My stomach is hurting and has been off and on since Christmas. I thought that I had decided that it was TMS and journaled about and then suddenly it went away. And I thought, yes that is how this is supposed to work. I listened to a podcast with Harold Suchbner and it was like I was cured. And I know that is not how it is supposed to work. That is being outcome dependent.

No my stomach hurts again and I don’t know what to do. How do you ignore it or not be so preoccupied with it when you literally feel it all the time. This is not like my hands hurting only when I use them. This is all the time.

And I don’t feel safe with my therapist who is helping me with my TMS. I don’t like his approach to helping me feel my feelings. I dread going to see him and I always be feel like he is pushing me and trying to put me in this box that I don’t fit in. I wish there was someone else I could see for this but I don’t know anyone else where I live.

I guess I am just losing hope and doubting that this TMS thing is real. And I don’t have someone I trust telling me otherwise.

2. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Chill out with some friends on Zoom

3. TrustIt

TrustIt Well known member

It sounds like it did work for you but then you sabotaged yourself when you saw something else and decided that's not how it's supposed to work. You obviously did something right because you were out of pain for a while . First, get that sabotaging belief out of your head and go back to knowing there's nothing wrong with you. See if you can start with a clean slate and read Sarnos work again.

Having said that, let me also say that I completely understand how it feels when your stomach hurts all the time. I'm having the same issue. I'm on this form searching for success stories. I will say I am improving and that's enough for me to keep at it. It helps that someone is listening. It helps that someone is dealing with something similar. Not that you want others to suffer but it really does keep you from feeling so alone. I'm not sure anything makes you feel more alone than pain.

Balsa11 and birdsetfree like this.
  4. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

This is great evidence. Don't underestimate the importance of witnessing this cause and effect.

Accept the pain is there for the time being. Know that it is harmless, it is your brain using this pain to distract you from what it believes to be 'more dangerous' repressed emotions. Visualise your brain so that your focus is redirected from the pain in your stomach to the real cause of the pain. Tell your brain to stop. Tell it you know that it is causing the symptoms but that you don't need them anymore and you want to feel your feelings instead and that your feelings are safe to feel. See if the emotions come to the surface. You may want to do this with a family member or friend if you can. If this happens you might notice your symptoms resolve rapidly. You can do this!

5. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

And don't forget to un-clench what's being clenched up tight!

TrustIt likes this.
  6. PsychePsyche

PsychePsyche New Member

What kind of pain did you feel with your stomach? In what particular area you've felt the pain and how long does it last? How are you now? If you are not comfortable anymore pls consult your doctor. Keep calm and stay safe.

Balsa11 likes this.