1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Don't Know If I'm Getting Better Or Not

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Balsa11, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

The past few weeks have been stressful...my grades are low, I'm in the process of getting testing accommodations, and got a flu shot. All of these things have caused a rise in anxious feelings and some soreness. I'm making a tiny bit of progress in sleep and getting more exercise after not really exercising regularly for years. I'm a little sore from yesterday's workout as well as the shot and I can tell it apart from TMS because it's just at that location and very mild.

The problem is I still get scared when my toes change color and my wrists, knees, and even my neck and hip a little ache or feel loose. My ankles and knees feel a little more loose and I don't know what else to do but get out of fight flight and do strength training to get things more stable. I want my muscles to be more efficient so my tendons and ligaments don't do all the work and get tired. My knees are hyperextending more and I can feel when a joint sort of gives a little more easily. Just trying to keep good habits but don't know whether exercise is enough to get my body stronger.

I have a vata body type so it's supposedly normal for my body type. Just another step in the process, I guess?

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Change in skin color and little aches here and there is not a big deal. A common thread in people new to TMS is what I would call an outsized attention to details. Ability to see a bigger picture and focus on overall sense of relaxed well-being without sweating small stuff comes with healing. The sooner you get to the point when you stop worrying about not exercising each of your fingers exactly 100% the right way, the more confident you are going to be, the faster your healing is going to progress. Focus on the great success and progress that you made so far in your sleep and exercising. Pat yourself on the shoulder instead of worrying about not getting it exactly right - and you will get better!!!!

Ellen and Balsa11 like this.