1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 5 Don't have any hobbies

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by deny, Feb 17, 2021.

1. deny

deny Peer Supporter

Think of some activities you really enjoy doing. If you could do one of these activities without feeling stressed out, without having anxiety, and without worrying about your family, kids, job, etc. how would that feel? Why do you not do this activity more often? What steps could you take to do this activity stress free and without worrying about other things? Do this activity this week.

I don't have any activites anymore that I like. But I like to walking.

But I don't do that because I want to have time at home. And I would like to speak Italian but don't find the time and living in a small apartment with my boyfriend that stop me from learing.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi deny, and Welcome to the Forum and SEP,

I'm glad you're doing the SEP. Many, many people have gotten better doing this program.

I suggest you take some time, just for you, and do something you enjoy, which could be walking, or -----? The point is to not focus on symptoms for a period of time, and instead do something easeful and pleasurable, relaxing, especially that you don't normally let yourself do. This begins to change our stress levels, especially if you could do it once or twice a week.

Andy

3. Sita

Sita Well known member

Hi Deny,

Ciao, come sta? :)

Andy is right. Just do something that you like doing, you can do it for 5-10 min/day while using the bathroom. Learn Italian, read, listen to something etc. To be honest it doesn't matter when, where and what you do as long as you permit yourself to do it. And to enjoy it!

Take care.

4. deny

deny Peer Supporter

Thank you! I actually was on spa this weekend. It was nice.

5. deny

deny Peer Supporter

Ciao Sita,

Tutto bene e tu?

I can little Italian because I had lived there but never learn it totally. Thank you for your advice!

6. Cariad

Cariad Peer Supporter

Hello Deny,

I can understand your difficulty in learning Italian while your boyfriend is at home - of course, it shouldn't make any difference - but I know another person in your home can inhibit you - I find lockdown quite difficult because my husband is ALWAYS HERE! :D I like to just drift around and find my own rhythms.

All I can suggest is to make sure you get time to yourself as a right, even to just sit and 'be', not having to do something 'useful'. Leave space and time to listen to yourself, to your inner voice, and this may guide you to what you really want to do. :)

Sita likes this.
  7. Sita

Sita Well known member

Ciao!
    Mi sento abbastanza bene oggi, non c'e male.

Cariad is right. Good advice. Take care.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  8. Andy Bayliss

Yes!!!! And we can't listen when we're always doing and fixing and pleasing.

9. deny

deny Peer Supporter

Andy, are you a TMS coach? Can I ask you some question or can you read my story to see you if think I may suffering from TMS?

10. Andy Bayliss

Hi deny,
    Yes. I am happy to read your story and give you feedback. I looked around and I don't think you've posted your story yet. If you have, tell me where it is. Also, I am limited online for next week or so, so it might be awhile before I get back to you.
    --Andy

11. deny

deny Peer Supporter

Thanks Andy.

I did post this on my Day 1.

"Hi! My name is Denice and I'm from Sweden. I am new to this group and so grateful to be a part of this. I don't know how to be brief. I'll try. If anyone in this group can read, I am grateful. I do not think I can do this alone. I need guidance.

This is my story. I have always been a sensitive child. Often very happy, but also very sad and worried.

Anyway. I think I have had a lot of trauma in my life that I think I have been able to handle, but after reading a lot about TMS this December, I understand that I may not. I think I have always been honest about how I feel and that I do not have a hard time saying what I think.

I moved to Italy a few years ago and I never think I have been so happy. At the same time as this was happening, there was also a severe alcoholism for my father and a divorce between our parents. This got me moving home. I felt I was the one who needed to save their marriage.

When I got home it was chaos. Dad was drunk constantly. I met a guy I moved in with. He dumped me and dad and Mom's divorce went through. My mother moved out and so did my brother. I got a feeling again of duty. I saw it as if I was being left behind. After that, my father left me and terminated our relationship and left me with a debt of SEK 300,000. Dumped, a dad who left me with debts. How more devastated. In this moment that began to hurt my entire abdomen, pelvis and urethra. It felt like constant cramping, needing to pee, I could not sit or walk and was ready to take my life. I was diagnosed with IC and chronic urethritis and also pudendal neurolgia. I tried everyting on this Earth. I also just eat fruit for 2 years and I got better. Today I should say 70 % better. My best friends leaved me also.

After awhile I started to get a sore jaw. If I thought my abdomen hurt, this was worse. I read about TMJ. Made some X-rays, but not on the joint itself. I thought this might have something to do with the fact that I removed all my wisdom teeth a few years before when I read a lot about cavitations, but no surgery helped. I was diagnosed with Lyme disease. After that I also saw an article about breast implant illness. I had a breast implant and it made me think that was the reason I was sick. I had surgery to remove them and parts of my breasts. It's been two years now and I still feel just as bad every time I look in the mirror. 3 months before explant I started to get a toothache. No dentist finds anything wrong, braces do not work. Im diagnosed with atypical trigeminal pain, TMJ and I'm at the bottom of the ocean and have no hope. Does this sound like TMS? I really need hope. My tooth, neck and jaw pain IS HORRID!!! its constant and 5 years with this now.