1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Dont cast away your confidense

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

CONFIDENT AND UNCONFIDENT are two sides of the same coin, and like a coin, only one side at a time is evident. Whenever un-confidence is felt, it indicates that confidence is present. Ironically, when a person feels unconfident they are quite confident that they feel unconfident. There are plenty of things they are confident about, that have brought them to the conclusion that they are unconfident about something.

To Feel Confident: Stop thinking about what you can't do. Focusing on what you are confident you can do, puts you into a confident, resourceful, state.

CONFIDENCE, SELF ASSURANCE, is perceived as a feeling. The confident feeling and accompanying behavioral response are the same no matter what it is in reference to. To feel and behave confidently, mentally make an inventory of what you are confident you can do. Now confidently make a list of things you are confident you want to be able to do. Focusing on what you are confident you can do, will assist you to begin confidently learning to do what you want to be able to do confidently. You can be confident of that!

Karen likes this.
  2. chickenbone

chickenbone Well known member

Thanks, Eric. Your posts are always so good and relevant.

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Thank you chickenbone- your such a blessing

4. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for the practical (as usual) advice, Eric. But it is hard as heck to cast negative mental chatter out of your mind and focus on things as they really are, things you are confident about. The negative voices and internal bullys just want to have their say. Once you've done it, the confident feeling becomes obvious, because that's the way things really are. Once you've done that, the TMS pain lacks a purpose and disappeared. Tried it last night out hiking and it really does work. But, boy, you've got to really pay attention. Seems so easy to let doubt take over, but it's such BS.

5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Bruce its hard as heck to turn the volume down?

and its because of this chatter that you cant be happy?

you don't have to fight this dialogue
    just in and turn the volume down

if you wish we can chat by phone and we will come up with a plan

as you know to try and explain would be impossible

write me buddy - we will have a good old wholesome healing talk

the work wont be all that practical when we learn to reverse the game on this dialogue

6. Karen

Karen Peer Supporter

Man-oh-man, did I ever need that message tonight. Thank you Eric....that was a bit of a miracle message for me tonight...I am really struggleing with wanting to die from the pain......

I'm going to re-read it again...

Thank you, my new friend...I hope!:)

eric watson likes this.
  7. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Karen, now feed your body with the words peace be still- imagine feeling the words
    in a meditative state
    and imagine calmness immersing you with a bright white light of love -
    this should help as you feel the confidence-
    bless you Karen, you will be the victor. trust in your power to feel
    the emotions of peace- love and joy .