1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 10 Doing okay

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Jojo61, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Jojo61

Jojo61 Peer Supporter

Day 10 update

I feel better. Altough at times my (main) symptom is worse then before finding out about TMS... I feel more relaxed and a lot of my litttle (let's call them) side-symptoms have gotten much better or dissapeared.

Another funny thing I noticed is this: Since having my babygirl a few months ago I had to wash my hands way more often then before. Because of this (or so I thought) the skin on my hands had dried out so much it I actually got small tears in it. I would use lotion all the time but nothing worked. 2 days ago (about 2 weeks after reading the book) I noticed my hands have suddenly completely healed up. I still wash my hands just as much and the weather hasn't changed either. Can our brain even do this? I guess so.

The bests thing about this so far is getting to know myself better.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Jojo. It's wonderful that your hands have healed, because you recognize they were dry as a symptom of TMS.
    The mind sure is a powerful thing!

Jojo61 likes this.
  3. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Hi Jojo,
    It is wonderful you are feeling better! I also had alot of side symptoms that improved, and feeling more relaxed is truly amazing. There are so many ways we are healing!

In the winter of 2013/14 I had painfully dry skin, especially on my back. We had moved and it was very stressful for me. I thought it was the lower humidity, but after learning about TMS my skin was fine this past winter, and I think the air was even drier this year!

Maybe I should open an oxygen bar! Instead of breathing oxygen we would journal ;)

Lizzy

Jojo61 likes this.