1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Does Chronic Sinusitis fit the TMS model?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by MusicMan11, Aug 10, 2018.

1. MusicMan11

MusicMan11 Peer Supporter

I have been dealing with chronic sinusitis for the past 4-5 months. I have read Sarno's books and believe in all of this theories, but just wondering if anyone else has overcome chronic sinusitis as TMS?

I have read a little about people using the methods to prevent sinus infections, but not much about people using the methods to cure themselves from them.

2. Time2be

Time2be Well known member

That’s a difficult question. Chronic sinusitis can have different causes, as far as I know. My mother had surgery and they removed a lot of tissue that had a fungus in it. I had great success with cortisone spray. I had a acute sinusitis and continued with the spray for two months. After that I never had a problem anymore with my sinuses. Before that they bothered me a lot. However, there is always a psychological dimension to diseases. And chronification often has to do with psychological processes. So, if your doctors don’t know anything what they can do, I would try the TMS way. Try to keep your sinuses unblocked the natural way. There is this Indian tradition of cleansing the nose with a special bottle. Use light salt water, that helps.
    Good luck!