1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 12 Does anyone have days when they just don't want to journal?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Skeleton Bob, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Skeleton Bob

Skeleton Bob New Member

I really didn't feel like journaling today, but I did it anyway. Only for about 10 minutes, but that's better than nothing.

I was looking forward to writing about personality traits. I know I can be a bit of a perfectionist, and people tell me I am as well. I think I go a bit over the top though. I am always telling myself things like

- Your memory is terrible, you idiot!
    - That was so obvious, how did you not understand it
    - Your not good enough for this/that/the other
    - You will never be good enough to do that
    - You could have done that much better
    - That is all your fault and no-one elses
    - You are not intelligent enough

That is just some of the thoughts I am telling myself. Would I dream of being so blunt and telling someone any of those, no of course not (plus I'm a people pleaser so of course I wouldn't!). So why am I treating myself so badly?! It's a real opener realising that you treat other people better than yourself. Clearly something has gone wrong, and no wonder I have a load of TMS pain. My subconscious is furious for all the criticism!

I am going to try and have less critical thoughts as see how I get on. I kind of feel like this some sort of breakthrough, hopefully I'm along the right lines.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Bob! To respond to the title of your post, consider this: perhaps a reluctance to do this work might be your negative fearful brain trying to hold you back? Good job pushing through!