1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Does anyone else have anal pressure

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Alfaman147, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Alfaman147

Alfaman147 Well known member

Hi all. I am interested to know does anyone else have the sole symptom of a chronic sensation of anal pressure. Like as if you have a ball inside the rectum????

Healthanxiety2022 likes this.
  2. c90danwaiel

c90danwaiel Peer Supporter

I haven't had that one myself, but that's actually considered one of the classic symptoms of chronic non-bacterial prostatitis. That condition is pretty much synonymous with Chronic Pelvic Pain. I was diagnosed with prostatitis, although my symptoms are more just burning in the tip of my penis and in the rectal area. I did have an area of pressure around my tailbone at one point, although that went away once I focused on relaxing my pelvic floor.

I'm pretty new to Sarno's work (just bought his book less than 24 hours ago), so not sure if that particular symptom is something people have had success with using his technique. I know some folks taking another mind-body approach (the Wise-Anderson method) have focused on relaxation, with the theory that many tense their pelvic floor in response to stress and relaxation can solve that. I haven't done that method myself (the guy who developed it charges several thousands of dollars for a workshop in California), but I think there might be something there. I'm curious also if anyone has applies Sarno's methods to that same symptom and has success.

3. Alfaman147

Iv had all sorts of pelvic symptoms over the years but the one that sticks is the anal pressure. I can feel it flutter and ease off as I'm falling asleep. It's muscular and is definitely caused by stress and anxiety. I guess it's the muscles I have no control over

4. Alfaman147

I think sarno and Anderson both say it's a stress related problem. But wise anderson use relaxation along side internal massage. I have got rid of this problem many times. And I did it by just not doing anything. I just lived with it until it just sort of disappeared on its own. But yes I believe it is a muscle tension problem that is caused by psychosomatic reasons. Anxiety over the pain makes it worse. And when I say I believe I mean I know. My pelvic physiotherapist said my muscles were very tight down there and agreed that stress causes it. I mean my discomfort goes away when I sleep or have a few drinks. It's just hard to break the obsession and brain connection

5. Carletto

Carletto New Member

i have this and other symptoms of pne , i think that stress is the the cause...i read Sarno,in Italy there are no therapists mind body or rather one or two but they charge you a lot..i try mindfulness even if in one of the Sarno's book he says that for psychotherapy but the best thing is to go to an Analyst, scuse me for my english

6. Alfaman147

Analyst???????

7. Dfw

Dfw Peer Supporter

Pelvic floor pain, in men and women is actually very common. It can manifest itself in and around that area. There are muscles and more muscles in that area. I have had issues in and around these areas, but they don't really last when I work on massage to loosen them up or really work on my mind to rid of any current pressures. My muscle issues can last an hour or so, then I'm good.

8. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Short for psychoanalyst. Perhaps not a common usage in American English, but I've seen it used frequently in European contexts.

9. I've been dealing with this for the past week! I have bad health anxiety, ocd etc. I had a bout of ibs a few weeks ago and had stomach pains then since noticing this sensation I can't not notice it.

Been on Google and scared myself! Bad idea!

This feeling is the only thing that I'm dealing with though since my anxiety had latched onto it.

Good to see and read other people relating this to the mind body syndrome. Very reassuring!