1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Does a lack of sleep make you TMS significantly worse?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Spikexena, Feb 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Spikexena

Spikexena New Member

I have a hard time controlling it period, I try to calm myself down my my mind is racing yet sleepy and everything just snowballs into some of the worst pain days

Looking for space likes this.
  2. Looking for space

Looking for space Peer Supporter

Hi there, mind you I'm not an expert in any way but I would say unequivocally yes!. About 2 and a 1/2 years ago, One of our cats started getting sick with diabetes and so after a month of getting the feeding time correct I would get up at 5:00 a.m. for the 1st feeding, And for the last year and 8 months maybe, my cats wake me up at 2 o'clock in the morning, sometimes they wake me up at 3:30 it doesn't matter , They have totally forgotten all about their feeding system.if I'm on the sofa, or in the bedroom they wake me up. And really it comes down to me and tough love, but they're very tough customers and, About 8 months ago I slept walk for the 1st time because they wake me up so much and I had all kinds of tendinitis type issues because I was just standing up without engageing my muscles at all to get to go feed them. So I would say most definitely I'm still working on those animals but it's really been difficult. Actually thank you for posting that because that's one of my issues that I am here for is a how to deal with the lack of sleep, And I already ready know how to deal with it it's to get sleep.

3. Looking for space

Looking for space Peer Supporter

I also have a great deal of trouble when my foot nueropathy will act up ,so sometimes that alone can keep me awake, Other than reading, I find streaming jazz music from the fifties and sixties to help me sleep better. But it's a horrible feeling to not get a full night's sleep.

4. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Lack of sleep for me makes it much worse