1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Doctors in MN for TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by ebroby, Feb 18, 2015.

1. ebroby

ebroby Newcomer

Does anyone know of any doctors in the Twin Cities area, Minnesota, who specialize in TMS?

2. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

Not heard of any, but you don't need a TMS doc. Just get a physical and see what it says. Clear yourself of anything potentially dangerous, the rest is TMS.

You can see a dozen TMS docs, but it's ultimately you that must decide if you have it. Only your acceptance of it starts the healing. Someone telling you that you have it means nothing, other than erasing the doubt a little, and the archetypal influence it has on on your unconscious.

At some point you need to say, "I got this thing! Now I'm gonna get rid of it."

Be of great cheer!

3. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Steve

thats what I have been saying you can goto 100 tms dr until you believe it does not matter how many exams you get…Go to your pcp get cleared of any serious issues organic or structural . then start your tms journey.

4. Alan Gordon LCSW

Alan Gordon LCSW TMS Therapist

5. Hiawatha922

Hiawatha922 Peer Supporter

I saw Dr. Hoffman last summer. Overall, a good experience. He clearly stated that I needed to be the one to accept TMS as the diagnosis; in other words, it didn't matter so much whether he said it was TMS or not (although he said it was likely).

I live in Minneapolis and Dr. Hoffman is in Duluth. I certainly don't regret seeing him--but I agree with Steve. Once a medical doctor has screened for structural issues and cleared you, it makes sense to move on to: "I have TMS, now it's time to treat it..."

Boston Redsox likes this.
  6. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

I doubt if there are 100 TMS physicians on the planet, the ones that are should be supported, Dr. Sarno was shunned by his peers.

7. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Steve O is correct on that if a MD AS CLEARED YOU, it time to start the healing. But I don't disagree about seeing a therapist who deals with pain issues.