1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Doctoring Was Different Back Then

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Tennis Tom, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Markus and Forest like this.
  2. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

people are much more aware of health but given the power of the brain its actually damaging them.

This is driven by a Pharma industry and Psychiatry especially that seeks to continually medicalise many things that could be addressed by looking at life circumstances and stress. Add to this the stigma around emotion in Western societies as it is seen as badge of shame to admit you are struggling with something.

Markus likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Tom, I enjoyed reading the article you posted.
    I am 84 and remember doctors making house calls.
    And they weren't quick to recommend tests, surgery, or give pills.
    But the ones I knew did not know anything about Mindbody healing such as TMS.
    If they didn't know the structural cause of a pain, they didn't say it was fibromyalgia.
    They didn't say anything. Then our mothers became doctors and gave us castor oil or
    just told us we were okay and would get well or feel better soon. Their love and care
    was the placebo that healed us.

Tennis Tom likes this.