1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Doc visit today

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mdh157, Feb 23, 2015.

1. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

I had an appt with my GP today, possibly the last with respect to the symptoms I currently have. He shrugged his shoulder and said, "I think the symptoms are benign, we've tested everything we could. I asked him if he thought my brain could be causing these symptoms and he said, "I don't want to outright say so but yes - the brain is capable of producing this type of stuff."

lol.........since I left his office abt 2 1/4 hrs ago I've only had one twitch.......I hope that isn't just a coincidence!
    I hope this keeps up, although i'm betting it won't. Perhaps if I keep thinking the twitches/pain are disappearing they will do just that. Gotta dream big if you are going to dream, right?

Peggy likes this.
  2. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

Don't say, "I hope this keeps up, although I'm betting it won't." That thinking needs to stop, and esrever.

The 3 stages are, hoping, believing, and then knowing. You need to know that you are causing your own symptoms, for reasons outside your awareness. But who cares what the reasons are?

It's not about dreaming big, it's about real control. You have control over how your body reacts according to the signals you send it. If you send it mixed signals you get mixed results. Send it confidence!

The subconscious gets mixed signals on what to do, due to the divided mind. I remember in 2009 when Dr. Sopher was reading my manuscript, he wrote in "yes!" by my statement, "the subconscious gets mixed signals as to what to do." Your doctor even gave you mixed signals by saying, "I don't want to say so...." Weak.

This TMS healing stuff is all about confidence. The rest falls into place, the doubting, the worrying, etc.

Your twitching probably slowed because the ordeal was over, and you were happy with the outcome. That's a great start! Now make up your mind as to twitch way you want to go. Dig deep! Say, "I'm going to do this thing!" Create your future.

Find happiness first. I was told my twitching would never go away. I'm glad I didn't listen to that son of a twitch. Pain and twitches are from the same mechanism.

Good luck mdh one hundred and fifty seven

3. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

I had to google esrever, did not pick up on it at first! Right now I think I am somewhere between hoping and believing. Finding happiness is going to be difficult as i've been curmudgeon-y for most of my adult life, although I really cannot understand why.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Steve, you're always so helpful to everyone, me included.

I had a stressful morning with money worries and got angry. Then I just laughed at it all.
    And told myself to just keep going and believing in TMS. It pulled me up.