1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

do you guys refuse what others might want you to try to calm down or for other reasons?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Dec 3, 2019.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

for example, in my case a family member offered me some tea at night and she said it’s a tea that it’s use to calm people (something like this she said). when it comes to tms, is it okey to accept medicine or stuff like this? she wants me to use it to feel calmer at night and sleep better.

2. karinamichelle

karinamichelle Newcomer

you know, I would always scoff and be angry when a family member offered something they thought would help me. I thought to myself "they have no idea what im going through! How dare they. If my meds dont even help me how the hell is tea going to." just awful things. Once I changed the way I viewed their gestures, that is when my pain started to change. Instead of those thoughts and always saying no, I changed my thinking to, how kind of them wanting to help me. How grateful I was to have someone in my life that cared and wanted to make me something to help me feel better. Turning towards gratitude even in painful moments has a bigger impact than you think. I soon started welcoming all help, as it was proof I was cared and loved for and that made me feel better.

stevow7 likes this.
  3. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

Totally! There's nothing wrong with that at all. Be glad you have someone who cares and take the opportunity to do something "calming" even if it's just a cup of tea lol! I think you are waaaayyyy overthinking this. Is this a pattern because it is fueling the TMS. Overthinking and analyzing is the opposite of what you should be doing in order to heal.

4. stevow7

thanks for replying!!

5. stevow7

hey! yes, i admit and overthink a lot. i’m recoverying from it slowly