1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Do Something Everyday

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Calming your nervous system down with meditations would be awesome to get you back into feeling better. The more you can get away from all your daily pressures and just get some calmness and relaxation going would be great for you. As you know if you focus on the pain with any doubt and fear then that will be a source of pain.

So it would be good to release it all during your meditations when you get to doing them. Just do like 10 minutes to get away from every distraction you can think of. Get someone if you can to watch your children or attend to your chores for those 10 minutes twice a day. Turn off all electricity and just lie there and think of nothing but your breathing.

Doing this just twice a day starting out -- it will help you re-set your balance thus giving you less stress and tension thus less pain.

The meditations will be a main stay in keeping you pain free.

Do something every day that will make you laugh too so you can experience more fun. Take some walks and enjoy the springtime. Breath in the fresh air and enjoy hearing the sounds of the wind and hearing the birds chirp as you watch their different colors feed your vitality.

Let go of the sadness or depression, it's just thoughts of helplessness thought of over and over -- now you have keys of hope.
    You can always change your thoughts to bad emotions by thinking about how you are going to feel when you heal all the way and then believe you are already there.

Hope this helps.

Bless you

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    Peter Zafirides, Mermaid and Msunn like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Great meditation thoughts and suggestions, Herbie.

I often take an afternoon break and sit in a recliner and close my eyes,
    breathe deeply, a calm my mind by meditation.
    Within a few minutes, I begin to doze off!
    I wake up, stay in the present moment and that can go on for
    about 15 minutes. It's amazing how fast I can relax so much that
    will doze off.

Mermaid and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Yesterday it was warm and sunny so I took Annie into the backyard
    and sat while she rolled over on her back in the grass and let the warm sun
    shine on her tummy. We spent 15 minutes basking in the sun
    and it was so nice and restful.

4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Yes we can learn a lot from our little animals. I see my lovable friends all the time just lying in the sun like there trying to get a tan or something but I know its for there energy and health after all the studies I have done on nature. And if you pay attention they also seem to be meditating when they are lying in the sun too. A great combination brought to us by Gods gift to all, our animals :).

Mermaid likes this.
  5. tigerlilly

tigerlilly Well known member

I like this.
    If you think that we inherited sin and imperfection from Adam and Eve - we are so unbalanced in life because of this.
    But animals - well, animals never sinned. They are still "perfect" creatures (living in this world with the effect of imperfect humans!). We can learn so much from them and from their relationship with Mother Earth. They just simply........be. They feel their emotions, and they connect with the earth and its energy.
    Like Walt, sometimes I just go out on a pretty spring day and lay on the grass with Smeagle and absorb the energy from the sun and the earth. I watch Smeagle find sheer joy and pleasure from this. I close my eyes and just "connect."
    I think the challenge is "buying out the time" do this regularly!

6. Eric "Herbie" Watson

That's some great advice tigerlilly, thanks. Have some fun in the sun with Smeagle. I haven't been getting my 5 days a week sun that I was getting and I can tell -- When I get plenty of rays I always feel super. Its cool how you two mention those lovely little animals of ours. I was hanging with my Rocco and Sheba today. They we're looking at me as a best friend and biting my shoe laces. It reminded me of one of those Disney movies where the dogs are running beside their owner and saying "pick me to play, no not her, or him pick me" Woof woof, Aw I love our little friends and yes you will learn more than ever if you just pay attention to them. They know how to keep in shape and eat right, have fun and rest. I never see them bored or complaining either. :)

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Our dogs keep us well and happy. Their constant, unconditional love, gives us strength and courage.

And they are so patient with us. Two men are working in the front and back yards pulling weeds, etc.,
    and she knows I need her to be quiet, so she's napping.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  8. Eric "Herbie" Watson

It's like they do have an extra sense Walt. I notice my little doggies have always known when someone was up to no good.
    They would look at them, bark and growl. I'd say "Be quiet" and still my little protector would growl.
    I usually would know sometime within that conversation why my little protector growled too. Wow

9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Dogs including mine, Max before Annie, used to growl at a black street man who walked on
    "our" golf course. They were spooked by him because he was different and strange to them.
    I've learned that dogs have super-sensitive noses and they sniff in a lot of knowledge and
    perception about people. I think dogs sniff us to learn if we love them, and when we do
    they keep this in their minds and hearts their whole lives. Like my three dogs and
    friends' two dogs, Bernie's dog, and the next-door neighbor's dog. They know I love them
    and they get so excited when they see me, they run and run with happiness
    and then come back to me for petting and words of love.

And they really are great protectors.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  10. Eric "Herbie" Watson

I love this story Walt. You have some great thoughts on our little friends. You mentioned protectors. My sister has a pet chiwawa that will bark at anything that gets close to her mama. You can tell, little Molly is her name and she cry's when my sis has to go to work. Molly will sleep all day waiting on my sis to get back home from work -- almost as if depressed. I know because I have been baby sitter for her often.

Ill say come here Molly and she is so funny cause she will crawl to me like she is so shy on her belly. I'll pick her up and give her a huge hug and then she will take off running and acting excited till she thinks her Mom isn't there anymore. All of the sudden when my sis gets home after her job little Molly will be all up and running around as if she just drank a pot of coffee.

11. justforme

justforme New Member

12. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

My first dog, a black Lab mix I called Chelsea, also crawled on her stomach to me when I came home.
    I think they are so full of love for us they can't even stand up. It's so adorable.