1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Dizzy

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by marley16, Feb 22, 2022.

1. marley16

marley16 Newcomer

Basically I feel dizzy 24/7

It got a lot worse since I found out about tms a few years ago which resulted in me giving up on tms work and just coping with life as best I could

I know I told a lot of shame and guilt related to past events but have no idea whether this all needs resolving before I can feel better

How do I stop caring that I am dizzy? I feel so anxious all the time.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi marley16,

If you've been cleared by a physician that there isn't something seriously wrong with you, then using a TMS approach is probably appropriate.

I don't understand why learning about TMS somehow discouraged you.

You might focus on mindfulness. Develop a daily practice and begin to apply in short time frames to your symptoms. For just 2 minutes to start with, perhaps, hang out and witness the feeling of dizziness, maybe your feeling of anxiety. Just feel and explore for a few minutes. You don't have to fix it. You can observe your thinking about it, observe your habitual reactivity to the symptoms, experiences. Then go back, consciously to the normal response (perhaps not helpful, but habitual) to these things you're afraid of.

3. marley16

marley16 Newcomer

Because the more I’ve tried to get rid of the dizziness the worse it has become - so I’ve given up on tms and then returned to it over the years, becoming increasingly frustrated

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

I understand. Perhaps my suggestion of tolerating the dizziness mindfully, without the goal to make it go away would be helpful. Not easy, but fighting it (and even trying to fix it is a subtle form of resistance) I think makes it worse. Good luck in this!

5. MedicineWithin

MedicineWithin Peer Supporter

In my experience dizzyness comes from the feeling of overwhelm. Too many things going on at once, going in too many directions, lack of clarity with decisions so you are literally going every direction at one time. Sometimes too much social media, ect can be a catalyst also, too much information. Simple grounding and orientation can help. Getting out of the mind so much and get your feet back in the soil. Doing one thing at a time, making decisons and sticking to them and ceasing to go all directions at once (which stems from a lack of trust).

www.thetaowithin.com

6. Miller

Miller Peer Supporter

This sounds like me @MedicineWithin - so much information about tms and healing that I’m overwhelmed all day every day