1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Dizziness/floating head feeling. TMS?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Leslie735, Aug 11, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

For those wanting to learn more about TMS/dizzzy and TMS/"mal debarquement syndrome", check out the archives at the TMS Help Forum and you will find reams of info--enough to make you un-dizzy and get on the good doctor's ship to TMS recovery.

2. Wavy Soul

Wavy Soul Peer Supporter

Ah, piece of cake. Woozy, heavy headed? One of my body's fave TMS symptoms.

Ignore it, rest, get on with your life. It'll pass.

3. Leslie735

Leslie735 Well known member

Thank you everyone for the replies!!! I'm feeling a lot better the last few days. Still a dizzy sensation here and there but other than that much better. I did go back to my ENT yesterday and he wants me to get some allergy testing done and a possible surgery on a deviated septum but I'm unsure if I'm going to follow through right now. Thank you all again!!! :)

DanielleMRD likes this.
  4. Waterbear

Waterbear Peer Supporter

Did you get ear infections as a kid?

I got a bunch and this is because I have teeny tiny ear canals, and I still have them. Whenever I feel dizzy, just pop a good, 24 hour decongestant and an allergy pill. It'll be gone in a few days but the pills will create relief quickly. They're called "silent ear infections", no pain but vertigo sometimes.

Maybe just try the decongestants and allergy pills before getting a ton of testing done?

They always suggest that you have the worse illness ever and really it could just be a tiny inner ear thing.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  5. Abundance72

Abundance72 Peer Supporter

I have a deviated septum too? It must be common. My doctor said I was born that way and that wouldn't affect or cause any symptoms? Think hard before having any surgery. Good luck

6. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

I would be looking for a new doc, this one sounds like he's not doing much for you and is cut happy. Are there any TMS docs in your area?

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Leslie, you may feel worse because you aren't accepting your symptoms as TMS.
    You may not have a sinus infection at all. It may just be TMS, so while you're on the medication,
    try deep breathing and mindfulness (living in the present) and not worry about anything.
    I know that's easier said than done.

Find some pleasant distractions to take your mind off the symptoms.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  8. Leslie735

Thank you Walt! I do need to learn to live in the present. My anxiety has been really bad lately and worrying!

9. jeanbee

jeanbee New Member

Hi Lesley, It might be good to check your blood pressure. I found when Im upset or tired mine drops quite low. Doctors cant do much about it I've been told, until I discovered the cause I frequently spent days unable to do much because of it - but I found eating one or two pieces of liquorice brings it up again & I feel ok in about 1/2 an hour. Of course high blood pressure can cause dizziness too (there's heaps of info around for this)

10. Leslie735

Thank you so much everyone, the dizziness has gone. I really think it was a combination of a sinus infection and TMS. Either way it's gone now. :)

p.i.h and SebastianM like this.
  11. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Leslie. I'm so glad the dizziness has gone.
    Sometimes it comes on from anxiety and worry, but it also can just be sinus trouble.
    If I feel dizzy I stop and relax and do some deep breathing.
    If that doesn't help, I take a 25 mg mecklizine tablet, an over-the counter pill called for travel sickness
    from Rugby. I'm not a doctor so I am not recommending it, and Dr. Sarno says we should always
    think psychological and not rely on pills, but if the dizziness is not from TMS, the pill I use could help.
    I rarely use it, relying more on relaxation techniques.

12. laradara

laradara New Member

I realize this is a pretty old post, but I just had to tell you I agree SO MUCH with your assessment that the brain "creates symptoms that at first we feel are impossible to overcome", and especially in reference to the BRAIN! I have had the dizzy thing (which I DID get diagnosed as a post-concussive syndrome issue, following a wreck.) HOWEVER, after a couple of years of almost NON-STOP, miserable symptoms, I would actually have some good days! Then, if I "overdid" it, uh-oh, back to the symptoms. It's one of those things now, where, I'm not sure if it matters what the original source of the problem was, at this point, it's probably TMS! So, I do just try to go with that theory, and I have had some success with it, but it is SO difficult to talk sensibly to your brain, when it is your BRAIN that is so "bothered". God bless!

13. Leslie735

Thank you for your reply! I've actually had this problem flare up another time since I made this post. It happened again about a month ago and lasted right at a week then it faded away. TMS is tricky!

SebastianM likes this.
  14. laradara

laradara New Member

Indeed, it is tricky!!! I have had almost every symptom imaginable, but the dizziness is the WORST!! Yuck! Anyway, it definitely helps when you come through it successfully. Then, when it strikes again, you usually have the confidence to combat it with the TMS knowledge.

15. laradara

laradara New Member

One more question for you? When you feel funky, how is your coordination?

16. Moody007

Moody007 New Member

Hey girl i know it is an old post but how did your symptom are after that long,cause i have everything you describe,and it scares the shit out of me.

17. Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix Peer Supporter

I had dizziness for years but now that I know about TMS it is not as bad. When I first get out of bed in the morning, I usually have to grab onto something because I feel like I am falling. Now I tell it to "knock it off!" and it goes away immediately.

18. Nicky89

Nicky89 Newcomer

Hi Leslie. I'm currently going through the same. I would love to find out how you coped. If you could please reply with helpful tips?

19. Leslie735

When it flares up I just have to deal with it. I do my best to carry on with life as it's not there. I actually have it going in right now again, its not as bad though. It definitely pops up when my anxiety gets the best of me. I hope you feel better!!

p.i.h likes this.
  20. p.i.h

p.i.h Newcomer

hi Leslie735! how are you feeling? I'm so happy I found this thread, thank you for creating it. I am having the exact same symptoms a month now. So it's really anxiety yes?
    Do you still suffer from this "floating" feeling? when is it going away?