1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Divorce

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

I like to hear from people who are going threw a divorce or have been divorced and how this effected there tms or started there tms .

2. browndogisinthehouse

browndogisinthehouse Peer Supporter

Well I was divorced. But the pain started a few months before after a real Pathology. But that was 10 years ago and I did get better and started working and now I have been leading a relatively peaceful life but started getting pain again.

Please let me know if I can help with any queries. You can send a message to me if you want

3. Jon

Jon New Member

Hi Marco, I was planning to leave my wife and had 3 months of sciatica and then a massive dose of lower back pain and was off for 10 weeks from work. I went back to work and waited for 12 months before leaving my marriage. It has taken a long time for the divorce to come through and i have suffered from sciatica and more recently a tingling in the lower legs and feet after sciatica has removed it self. I have a full on job and can get feelings of extra tingling or numbness in the arms when I am stressed or put myself under lots of pressure. However if I reread Dr. Sarno and get myself to consciously relax I can feel almost pain free. I have a new partner who is really great and try to stay positive. If I get tense and negative the TMS returns. Having positive affirmations really helps too.