1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 Disheartening things Dr has said...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by cnote, Aug 19, 2016.

1. cnote

cnote Peer Supporter

My homework for the day.

What are some disheartening things my Dr. has said about my low back pain, shoulder knots etc.

#1. I don't think this will ever go away completely.

#2. Don't run, just walk for exercise.

#3. If you have to workout, do like 5 pushups. Don't lift too much weight. Swimming is good, but no diving.

How have I kept that in my mind?

Well... basically, when my kids ask me if I want to play kickball, most of the time, I just say no, b/c I'm concerned about running, or hurting my lower back etc.

When I was swimming this year, I was told no diving? Yet I did it anyway.. but my Dr's voice always pops in my head when it comes to those enjoyable things.

I still do pushups, situps, and lift 20lbs weights from time to time, but not too vigorously anymore b/c of things my Dr. has said in the past.

It kind of sticks in your head you know? And that sucks. I'm only 33. I should NOT be being told to STOP doing these things at my age.