1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Disheartening things doctors have told me about my symptoms

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JDC88, Aug 13, 2017.

1. JDC88

JDC88 Newcomer

I was 28 years of age and the doctor told me he had a patient my age and her spine froze and then her hips and neck. She was basically stuck at 90 degree angle! She couldn't walk and she had to have multiple surgeries done on her hips and back, just so she could sand up right. Her sisters wedding was coming up and she wouldn't be able to see her get married, so the doctors also did an operation on her neck, just so she could look up. Like why tell me this?

It made me so scared and hopeless as a young man whose been athletic all my life, I was being told what I have to look forward to with AS. Doctors really piss me off, they're clueless when it comes many things that don't involve a pill

2. TheWayBackUp

TheWayBackUp Peer Supporter

I'm sorry you had that experience. I have found I could go to a few different doctors and one can say something terribly bad that is gloom and doom, and with the same exact symptoms/test results another doctor says it's no big deal at all. I hope you're able to move past the gloom and doom and seek other solutions for yourself.