1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Disheartening thing a doctor has told

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Raj s, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Raj s

Raj s Peer Supporter

The most disheartening thing a doctor has told me is that i cant work in laptops.. i always have to be very careful of my postures. always my work station should be in some order.I have to sleep in this posture and have to sit in that posture, etc. I love to use laptops and watch movies, serials, etc.

There is one doctor he doesn't even smile or say some nice words to patients. Also when he diagnosed me with fibromyalgia he told me that few people never recovered from this. but I am improving.

Anyone has encountered something like this

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I just read another post in which a lady said one doctor told her she did not have cancer, and another
    told her she had a 10 percent chance of having it. What does that negative doctor think he's doing,
    scaring her. Now I just read your experience. That doctor should not have made you think your pain
    is from working on a laptop computer. Dr. Sarno says such talk just conditions us to associate pain with
    sitting, standing, working on a computer.

Also, Sarno says what is now called fibromyalgia is just another symptom caused by TMS and YES,
    it can be overcome.

I am not a doctor but have been learning about TMS for two years now and am convinced that our
    repressed emotions and perfectionist and goodist personalities are what cause our pain.

If you haven't done it yet, try the Structured Education Program in one of the subforums here.