1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 4 Discouraging Word

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by koolkat, Sep 29, 2014.

1. koolkat

koolkat New Member

As I was dealing with the sciatic pain in my leg, I decided to see a pain management doctor. I thought that maybe he would have some strategies for dealing with the pain I had been dealing with for over a year. He examined me physically and ordered an x-ray. He did not offer any other suggestions for dealing with my issues at that point. A follow-up appointment was made with his PA to discuss the results. At that appointment, the PA shared that X-rays revealed degenerative disc disease and scoliosis of the spine. She shared that the doctor would like to begin a series of spinal shots that should alleviate the pain I was experiencing in my leg. I decided I was not ready to begin that type of treatment and decided to pursue other solutions for this problem. Through that pursuit, I came across John Sarno's name and read some testimonies of individuals that had been helped through his pain theories. And here I am. His book "Healing Back Pain" made sense to me and I identified with some of the personality characteristics he describes. Since beginning, I've already experienced a reduction in my pain level.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

You're doing great, koolkat! Going against traditional medical advice is a radical thing to do, at least at first, but for me now, after three years, it's become the norm, and I can't imagine living any other way.
    It's freedom.

~Jan