1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Discouraged

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by COgirl05, Dec 22, 2014.

1. COgirl05

COgirl05 Peer Supporter

Thanks nowtimecoach. All these words of wisdom really help me. I am still going through the ups and downs with being pain-free and in a little bit of pain. The pain isn't that severe at all though. It just feels like something is stuck in my low back. My biggest question to all of you now is - will TMS flare up during every stressful time in the future? Everyone has stressful events in their life and life is just stressful sometimes. I get pain when even the littlest things happen to me. I want to be able to be convinced that I won't have a flare up whenever a little stressor comes my way. I'm hoping the second half of the SEP will help me with this too.

2. Buckeye

Buckeye Peer Supporter

I'm very new to this, but my interpretation is that as you learn to deal with repressed emotions and learn to experience them sooner, that eliminates your brains need to torture your body as much because it doesn't have to distract you from the repressed emotion any more. I'm sure others will be along soon enough to give you a better answer.

Ellen likes this.
  3. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Cogirl105,
    No TMS will not continue to flare up with every stressor. That is what the healing is all about. The more aware you become of what is going on, you'll have a different conversation with yourself and TMS will fail to be in on the chat. It simply stops showing up because you've called it out for what it is. Your brain thinks its doing you a favor by offering you a distraction from what is going on either consciously or subconsciously. The SEP helped me tremendously and when that ended, I did Shubiner's workbook and learned how to dislodge even more the stressors that were lurking beneath my goodist personality. And I read Steve Ozanich's book Pain Deception - along with everyone of Sarno's books. I lived, ate and breathed TMS recovery and it finally arrived. I was in the phase of it coming up less and less when I read Walt and Eric's book God Doesn't Want You To Be In Pain and the exercises in there were really good to lock in the learning I had been absorbing in the previous 7 months. Recovery from TMS takes what it takes but stay positive, believe in every cell of your body that you are healthy - that you will have more and more pain free days. But the best part is you will know yourself way more than when it all started. Keep us posted!beerbuds

Ellen likes this.