1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Discouraged

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Gigi, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

WOW-MEOW!!! This kitty would win the Yoga competition at Goa beach paws down! Thanks for that Plum, nice to see you back here.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    plum likes this.
  2. Aziz

Aziz Peer Supporter

Hi Gigi,

I know the feeling. AND, I believe someone (like me) who is TMS-prone is going to have a pattern of my mind always throwing something at me now and then.

The discouragement, deflation, etc... is probably a form of subtle resistance to going back into the healing work of TMS... Thinking psychological, digging into unwanted or threatening emotions. That can be so uncomfortable, right?!

And so we resist, or ruminate, or say, "why me? Not again!"

BUT

You are a warrior. You have defeated TMS in so many places. You have been victorious in so many battles!

If this has been there for 35 years, then it's one of TMS's main strongholds. Perhaps it's final one...

You've done this before. You are an expert. You are a champion. I believe in you.

With love and gratitude,
    Aziz

Ellen, Tennis Tom and plum like this.
  3. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Thank you Aziz! What a wonderfully encouraging post! I AM having success, which is a blessing.
    This program works in part because of the great support we provide each other. We call each other out when necessary, we encourage, bolster, and cheer each other.
    Such a gift.

4. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

All is well. I'm working the program, esp Alan's new one, and even though I had back to school in about 10 days, l'm really feeling blessed.
    How are things with you, Marcia?

5. AC45

AC45 Well known member

Hi @Gigi,

My fellow insomniac!

I can relate to how you are feeling.

I've read a lot of books but I am finding Total Catastrophe Living to be very helpful right now.

I know it is a classic but for me if feels really complimentary to TMS healing.

Thinking of you!
    AC45

6. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Thanks, AC! I'll try to find it. As a librarian, I'm always grateful when someone recommends a book to me.