1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

discouraged by new symptoms

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by srton, Jan 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. srton

srton Well known member

My pain has been doing the whole TMS "changing locations" game. First one side of my lower back than the other. Then my PF muscle on one side. Then shooting tingles and twitching down my calf to my foot. Now one foot is numb and I'm limping.
    The traveling pain is so obvioulsy TMS - however I did spend some time wondering if the tingles and numbness may be MS - but that's the TMS trying to draw me away from the psychological.
    I just want it all to stop.
    I feel alone and lonely because I don't want to talk about it with other people - they think i'm being weird when I'm like NOTHING IS WRONG WITH ME.
    My husband wants me to go to a doctor but I know that I'm just doing this TMS thing yet again.
    I've gotten over it before and I'll get over it again this time, but some relief would be nice.
    Thank you for reading this. I feel a little better sharing my feelings with this group.
    srton

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

All of us have had 'relapses' or symptom switch. You just keep doing what you did before and it will go, though I know it seems wearying at times. Your Husband and friends mean well...they just want you to be better. I rarely discuss anything physical with anybody except other mindbody aware people.

hang in there

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi srton,

It seems like you're doing good work overall. You know what's going on, and you're challenging symptoms, not letting fear get the upper hand.

This insight:
    is reflected in this recent post/experts who worked with Dr. Sarno explain their experience.

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/podcast-of-dr-sarnos-core-team.20185/ (Podcast of Dr Sarno's Core Team)

In it, Arlene Feinblatt addresses "symptoms moving and changing" and mentions that this does not happen with her clients very much. She is a psychologist, and she suggests that when you get closer to the underlying causes, there is less "symptom imperative" ----that the symptoms have to keep emerging because the root of the problem is not understood.

This makes sense to me, but I don't hearing this explicitly from someone with this depth of experience!

So this might mean something to you, your experience. Maybe more psychological inquiry, more in depth investigation, maybe more assistance will help this for you? What is it that "doesn't want to be felt?"

Andy B