1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Disabled Neighbor Opened My Eyes Today

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Pingman, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Pingman

Pingman Well known member

I thought I would share the conversation I had with my neighbor. He is a super nice guy, age 46. He was a crane operator and something went wrong and he was smashed in the cab of his crane. He had brain surgery and during the surgery had multiple seizures.

He now lives with his elderly mother who he cares for. He can speak ok, he talks slow because he has to think of the words. He mows his yard but it takes him two days to get a .20 acre done. He walks around the edition we live in, same walk takes me about 20 minutes to do twice. He was proud of doing one loop in an hour.

So I finally asked him is he in pain when he walks. His reply was yes, very much so with every step he takes. He said but.... I have learned to have mental control over the pain to where it is tolerable now.

The big lesson for me was, the guy has 100% proof of why he is the way he is. He knows what happened to him and where his pain comes from. He accepts it and because he can accept it he conquered the pain.

Renee, Gigi, Tassie Devil and 3 others like this.
  2. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Inspirational thx for sharing

3. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Wow.