1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

"Died of Neck Injury Caused By Chiropractor"

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Tennis Tom, Oct 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

2. pspa

pspa Well known member

There have been lots of studies on the dangers of high-velocity neck adjustments and the results are inconclusive, although the folks at scienbasedmedicine seem to think the evidence shows there is a real if small danger. That said, I have never read or experienced one thing that convinced me that chiropractors are good for anything except taking your money.

Tennis Tom and ezer like this.
  3. Dfw

Dfw Peer Supporter

I agree that I would not trust most chiropractors. The nature of spine adjustment is and has to be regarded as a very specialized field. As you are correct, it could lead to many an issue anywhere from the neck down.

I have been to a chiropractor numerous times on my journey. While I agree that there are numerous ones that I would not trust to adjust my pinky let alone anything else. There are a few that are very reputable, caring and knowledgeable on what they do. In fact I would trust my chiropractor more than some of the spine doctors I saw. I had some MDs wanting to do lumbar fusion to "treat" my condition.

I did have a cervical fusion some 15 years ago, successfully, and my chiropractor will not adjust anywhere around that area, rather he will massage to loosen up or adjust.

So I would say there are bad apples in all fields, just do your research and if you don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling leave. Even if you already paid a copay, leave if it doesn't feel right. That little amount of money for a copay will never equal the pain and suffering a bad dr will cause.

4. pspa

pspa Well known member

The last chiropractor I saw -- who by the way was the chiropractor for an elite professional sports team -- tried to convince me I should wear a titanium necklace to improve my energy fields. And he always made a ritual of pushing down my arm both before and after adjustments (applied kinesiology) to show that they had made a difference. Go in peace.

ezer likes this.