1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Didn't get it!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Visionary, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Visionary

Visionary Newcomer

I was talking with my counselor and told her I thought my physical problems were caused by stress/emotions, she said I need to get to a physical therapist. I realized then that she did not have a grasp of my physical pain!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Visionary. You're right, that counselor doesn't understand about your physical pain. It's from TMS repressed emotions.

The Structured Education Program will lead you through the steps needed to heal. That's through discovering repressed emotions
    that caused anger, most likely going back to your childhood. Journaling will help you discover what those were,
    so you can forgive and heal. That's how I headed from severe back pain. I found the anger went back to my boyhood
    and I was able to better understand my parents and older brother, and it became obvious to me that they had their own
    TMS from repressed emotions. Better understanding let me to forgiving them, and that led me to heal.

3. blake

blake Well known member

I thought that talking with a therapist would be helpful to me in dealing with my childhood grief. I told him I knew my pain to be psychosomatic, but I don't think he really believes me. That's the sense I get. I think the ideal is probably to have a tms therapist or if this is not an option, someone who believes in the body\mind connection. I just found it so confusing. The Sep, as Walt suggests, was much more helpful for me.

4. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Blake

I went threw the same thing I know Skype with a tms therapist and it's very helpful u need a person who understands what we are going threw