1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 42 Did I learn anything?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MrPositive248, Apr 14, 2017.

1. MrPositive248

MrPositive248 New Member

Did I learn anything? Maybe…

If you had told me 2 months ago that I was a perfectionist who treats himself badly, I would have said you don’t know me at all. If you had told me, before this program, that I might be having issues about aging I would have said you’re nuts, I could care less about growing old. If you had talked to me about soothing my inner child I would have told you about my monsters from the ID.

Today I know that I’m a perfectionist who has repressed a river of sadness about growing old. It really is a child who wants to be heard, not a monster out to make my life a living hell. Does knowing any of the above help? For me it does.

Obviously there is more to be discovered. I’m mostly pain free now, but it’s not over. TMS is problem for me, but also an opportunity. I am going to give it a rest for now.

…….To Be Continued……….

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, MrPositive. How great that you have learned so much about yourself and that you are mostly pain free. Yes, give TMS a rest now. Enjoy your life. I know what it's like to think about aging. I'll be 87 in June and know the road ahead is ahead. I am not fearing the end because I keep thinking... no more bills, no more technology, no more politics, etc. There are loved ones to see and my dogs. I can hardly wait to play golf in heaven.