1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 15 Dialogue journaling...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Jojo61, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Jojo61

Jojo61 Peer Supporter

I have a bit of difficulty with this. The assignment is to write out a dialogue with someone you have a problem with and respond as you would think they would respond. If I were to do this that would be some short dialogues... From past experience I know that the people around me that give me the most stress aren't open to talking about it. Their responses were and would still be negative. I can write down how those conversations would go but they would be very short and what would be the point?

Anyone else have this problem? Or am I misunderstanding the assignment?

2. zero76

zero76 New Member

Jojo,
    This made me laugh because I can picture me writing a dialogue and it being a one sided conversation, just like in real life sometimes. Whenever I have pretend conversations in my head they usually leave me feeling more frustrated and angry at that person. So I guess I'm a little lost too.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I never did that dialogue thing. At least not in writing. I may have it mentally. If it is short, that's fine. That might make it easiest to understand.
    But if it gives you a problem, just skip over it. No healing technique is written in stone. Some may be more helpful than others.