1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (now US Daylight Time) . It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Celayne as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 15 Dialogue journaling...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Jojo61, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Jojo61

Jojo61 Peer Supporter

I have a bit of difficulty with this. The assignment is to write out a dialogue with someone you have a problem with and respond as you would think they would respond. If I were to do this that would be some short dialogues... From past experience I know that the people around me that give me the most stress aren't open to talking about it. Their responses were and would still be negative. I can write down how those conversations would go but they would be very short and what would be the point?

Anyone else have this problem? Or am I misunderstanding the assignment?

2. zero76

zero76 New Member

Jojo,
    This made me laugh because I can picture me writing a dialogue and it being a one sided conversation, just like in real life sometimes. Whenever I have pretend conversations in my head they usually leave me feeling more frustrated and angry at that person. So I guess I'm a little lost too.

3. Walt Oleksy

Walt Oleksy Beloved Grand Eagle

I never did that dialogue thing. At least not in writing. I may have it mentally. If it is short, that's fine. That might make it easiest to understand.
    But if it gives you a problem, just skip over it. No healing technique is written in stone. Some may be more helpful than others.