1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 15 Dialogue Journaling

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lilibet, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Lilibet

Lilibet Peer Supporter

I have to say that this turned out to be an amazing journaling tool. At first, I thought writing out dialogue with another person would feel really contrived. But it ended up just flowing naturally, and I gained a lot of insight into myself and the person who adds to my stress.

I reached a place of more compassion for both of us. We are both very wounded children, and it helped a lot to understand that. I saw that I was expecting this person to change so that I would feel safe and OK about myself, but I realized (for the umpteenth time!) that the only person I can change is ME (and that's hard enough!). Internalizing this instead of just understanding it intellectually will take time though. I'm sure journaling will help.

2. trypp

trypp Peer Supporter

Those sound like great insights. I think that good journaling is like a journey. You may start out with anger, but, if you are lucky, you can end up with insight and compassion. It can be so hard to be courageous in the face of people like that, but it's the only way to happiness!

3. Lilibet

Lilibet Peer Supporter

Thanks trypp. I was surprised that the anger turned to compassion with this dialogue journaling. Of course, I may have to do this over and over. :)

trypp likes this.