1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

despersonalization.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Oct 9, 2021.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

Anyone felt like this? like i feel im not in the present and mind feels off. I cant describe it fully

NNava likes this.
  2. NNava

NNava New Member

Hi Steve! Happy Saturday to you! Can you elaborate a little more on how you're feeling? I don't want to say I know for sure how you're feeling if I don't fully know for sure. What I can relate to is a sort of dissociative type feeling. If I become overwhelmed with anxiety especially in a social setting I feel detached. Like my body buzzes with a floaty type sensation and I can't get a grip on myself in my environment or surroundings. I feel like I think the saying is "Elvis has left the building." Or is I'm anticipating something, waiting for an answer or an update etc I check out. It takes everything I have to appear still present but I'm no longer there.
    I would like to hear more about how you're feeling and perhaps others will chime in as well,. Best to you!

3. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

thanks for replying! my problem is that i cant focus well and feel like my mind is overwhelmed. I feel like I can’t think straight and want to rest. Hard to explain.

NNava likes this.
  4. NNava

NNava New Member

I am not giving advice just have noticed from myself and from my psychologists input that sometimes our mind just gets overwhelmed. Do you think a lot? I think obsessively. Again I don't know but maybe your minds way of just checking out due to over use. I'm sure you'll get some good input.
    P.s,. If you've not already seen a Dr for this I would at least let them know to have other things ruled out first.

5. Heavenly

Heavenly Peer Supporter

I’m practicing The Power of Now by Eckart Tolle at the suggestion of @Baseball65, who I consider to be my mentor in my Tms and spiritual recovery journey.
    The book basically teaches you to be the watcher of your thoughts because you are not your thoughts. Your thoughts will come and go like the clouds in the sky and you can watch them without judgement and detach yourself from them and refocus your attention in the present moment. Our mind tends to take us to the past and the future for survival purpose. When this is brought to consciousness, your thoughts produced by the mind will lose its power. You will then realize that the present moment is what’s REAL. There’s much more to it! That’s what I learned so far but it’s an eye opener.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021