1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Desperate

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Sky, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Sky

Sky New Member

Thank you for all your support and positive feedback on my previous message about flying long distance. made it through the 2 weeks with lots of walking and the pain was getting a lot better. But, I came back home on Monday after a long flight. Felt sore but ok. Went to work on Tuesday, sore but ok. Now, Wednesday: my back hurts so bad I can barely do anything!I tried to go for a walk because that usually helps but my foot gave out, causing me to fall and hurt my back even worse. I have taken pain killers aleve, tylenol, muscle relaxant around the clock but I am still in horrible pain. Can't lay down, can't sit, can't walk. Typing this on all fours at 4.30 am. Obviously I am ver scared and don't know what to do anymore. I couldn't even go to the dr. the shape I am in now! Any advise please! Desperate for relieve!

2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Sky.

I'm so sorry to hear that you are in so much pain. Sending you much warmth.

The only advice I can really give you is to take your focus away from your body and engage in something you enjoy. Something which soothes both your mind and body and allows the relaxation response to kick in. Relaxation and laughter tends to work wonders during heightened moments of pain or anxiety.

I would also like to put emphasis, that your pain reduced substantially when you were away so this, in itself, should help enforce your belief that it is a mind-body dis-ease. I'd look at creating an evidence sheet and perhaps taking up a practice such as mindfulness, these tools will help you shift your mind set from heightened anxiety and fear, to a place which is neutral, calming and where healing is possible.

Please find below the relaxation response, which I use on a daily basis:

Wishing you all the best in your journey to good health and well being.

Stay strong, we are all here for you.

plum likes this.
  3. Sky

Sky New Member

Thank you Mike for the helpful words! I ended up going to the ER and getting a medrol shot and lots of pills. Trying to make it through this setback. If I can bring the pain down to a 7 or 8, it will be easier to focus on mindfulness. Working on that right now and did the first one this afternoon. Very helpful! I will keep you posted!

Thanks again!

Sky

mike2014 likes this.
  4. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm glad you feel some relief, please be gentle with yourself.